Definition of a startup? Innovative. What is the most innovative industry? IT. Doesn’t matter, whether you work or looking for a job in sales, HR, or marketing, knowing how codes work is a necessity.
Learning how to code might sound hard, but don’t worry! Even though coding might look like a whole different world, the basics can be easier than you think. That’s why we collected the 5 best platforms, where you can learn how to code in an easy and fun way!
The Odin Project
The Odin Project is an open-source community that offers resources to learn web development. The project is meant to fill in the gap for beginners who are trying to hack it on their own but they look for quality material to supplement the learning.
- The full-stack curriculum is for free and supported by the community.
- The learner community counts more than 300K young developers & more than 1500 contributors
Codecademy is an educational platform that offers courses about coding languages and different IT subjects, such as data science, web design and machine learning. The basic account is for free, while for more features a paid subscription is required.
- Easy to use and navigate
- The courses are regularly updated, since the focus is on quality learning
- Their aim is to build the best learning experience by engaging students in conversation and focus on practice.
Mimo offers an app for learning basic coding skills in a fun and interactive way. The personalized curriculum has different exercises, projects and challenges to keep you motivated.
- The app is available for free and it includes two free courses. To have access to further education, a yearly subscription is required.
Udacity is an online platform for learning tech skills and preparing users to take on the most in-demand tech roles. The focus is not just on conveying knowledge, but also on preparing students for their careers.
- The main categories are Data Science, Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Business, Autonomous Vehicles, and Cloud computing.
- The focus on career makes this platform outstanding: mentorship, portfolio and resume reviews and career coaching add value to the learning experience.
SheCodes is an online platform that offers Coding Workshops to women and facilitates their careers in technology. The goal is to help bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.
- The basic courses last three weeks and they have a one-time fee.
If you want to dig even deeper into IT, make sure to follow the 5 Must-Read Blogs for iOS Developers!