Sales Development Representative
Would you like to sell an innovative SaaS product to manufacturing enterprises? Want to help factories revolutionize by digitalizing and empowering workers? Unlimited holidays, uncapped commission and sky-high employee happiness scores sound good?
Fresh from announcing a further €5 million of funding in March, we are now searching for another Sales Development Representative to join SwipeGuide's sales circle! You'll be joining the European Sales circle to grow our rapidly expanding European client base. Working with our Founders, our Swipee superstars, and well... the whole of Swipeguide (we're a team here!), you will take ownership of getting our foot in the door with new prospects. Your mission? Build a pipeline & later down the line we're gonna need you to close deals. Don't worry - we're going to give you all the tools to unleash your potential.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Swipeguide. A team of 30 and growing. We are on a mission to reduce waste, spare resources for better use, and save the world from useless paper instructions. Imagine working on a busy production line, and you have to rely upon outdated, inadequate paper instructions? And that's the biggest problem we tackle - factory workers having a complete lack of information to do their job well. Our Swipeguide platform enables global companies like Coca-Cola, Heineken, and PepsiCo to build and share visual step-by-step digital work instructions. We are now rapidly expanding in North America and want you to help us with our expansion plans.
Oh, and yes, it also feels good to enable these companies to use less paper and save the trees🌳! We all know that a digital future is unavoidable, and we're providing the software essential for digital transformation. And it's working. We started with five people in 2016; today, after €5mn funding in March 2021, we have almost thirty Swipees, 100,000+ platform users in 89 countries worldwide, and an inclusive, continuously improving culture.
OUR TEAM OF SWIPEES
- You'll soon meet the road cyclist, the yoga lover, the guy with an oyster business, the ex-chef, the person to count on in an emergency, the social butterfly, the DJ trainee, the volleyball player, and someone who owns hundreds of sneakers;
- We like to fail (it's how we learn), and in our PowWow, we share our f*** ups (failures) and learn together;
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; we strive to enable Swipees to develop their potential and showcase their authentic selves and engage in a culture of inclusion
YOUR ROLE AS THE SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
As part of the SwipeGuide Sales Circle, you will become SwipeGuide's SDR/BDR in Europe, working particularly close with Jean🇫🇷 , Rashika 🇮🇳, Jasmine 🇳🇱, Willemijn 🇳🇱 and Lisa 🏴.
Your daily adventures could include:
- Partner closely with Account Executives to create, finetune and execute effective prospecting strategies to generate Sales Accepted Opportunities (SALs);
- Develop MQLs into sales qualified leads (SQLs) within assigned territory and industries through discovery calls, demos and follow up calls;
- Proactively reach out to and secure meetings with a target list of identified accounts and MQLs;
- Respond promptly to incoming inquiries and inbound leads.
- Work towards a quota of calls and demos per week to sustain the level of activity necessary to drive the expected business outcomes in terms of SQL generation;
- Understand business priorities of prospects and fit those with Swipeguide offerings to drive effective conversation and opportunity development;
- Qualify early-stage opportunities and capture details and all related sales and BD activities and tasks in CRM (Hubspot). Maintain cleanliness and up to date status of all leads (lead status, activities, tasks, call notes);
- Compel a sense of urgency in the client to prioritize moving forward by identifying at which buying stage the buyer is in and assessing the engagement level.
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
- You bring a solid amount of experience in meeting and/or exceeding sales and activity targets, if you think you are too junior or senior for this job, apply and let's talk anyway (we may have something for you anyway);
- Brilliant communication skills (English) For us, this means that you feel comfortable to challenge your team and manage internal stakeholders, ask the right questions, but also truly listen to our customers and smoothly collaborate internally;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity targets
- Strong ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Able to work independently and make decisions and manage priorities in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Fast learner with a growth mindset.
NICE TO HAVES TO BE THE SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing industry an asset;
- Experience with the technologies we use, including Slack, Hubspot, GoogleSuite;
- Familiar with the Industry4.0 transition, its trends, goals, challenges, and its relation to the manufacturing and machine industry;
- Experience with SaaS sales would also be very beneficial, but not essential.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Unlimited holidays
- Remote working opportunities + Amsterdam office
- Competitive monthly compensation + monthly holiday pay.
- A challenging environment to develop your personal and professional skills with a lot of freedom to take on ownership
- You'll be in a fortunate situation to make a high impact at a startup that is about to lift off
- You will enjoy working in a startup hub at B. Amsterdam
- A chance to learn from other people's mistakes - we share and celebrate failures on Thursday.
SwipeGuide is committed to creating a diverse environment influenced by a lifetime of individual experiences. We hire people from all walks of life, not just because it's the right thing to do, but also because when people from diverse backgrounds build a company, the understanding and embracing of their communities grow exponentially. This means our creative and strategic horizons are not only expanding, but they're consistently strengthening, thanks to a global perspective. We do not discriminate based on education, race, religion, color, national origin, genetics, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.