Growth Associate (UA)
We are looking for a full-time business operations associate to work with our operations & marketing teams. The job will be remote due to COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. Our investors include General Catalyst, FJ Labs, firstminute capital, Speedinvest, TA Ventures.
Who we’re looking for:
You enjoy working on complex problems and finding answers to challenging questions. You have a growth mindset; you are pumped by the idea of growing professionally in parallel with an early stage startup and you are willing to hustle and learn every day you go to work. You love defining and building scalable processes. You are willing to learn skills in business development, data analytics and product management. You find experience at an early-stage venture backed startup exciting.
- Manage our inbound seafarer messages and triage effectively to prioritize leads for our operations managers
- Process seafarer leads & profiles in our in-house developed, state-of-the-art crewing marketplace platform
- Manage outbound email campaigns to gauge interest from seafarers in our database
- Design & execute processes to automate seafarer data collection, eg availability dates
- Build reports to track effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns
- Strategize ideas to improve campaigns’ performance
- At least 1-2 years of experience in operations/growth at a venture-backed startup or in a fast-paced environment (eg consulting)
- Proven experience executing a process efficiently & effectively, prioritizing where needed
- Strong data analysis capabilities, proven ability to make data-driven business decisions; candidate should love to tell stories using data
- Growth mindset & hustler mentality; candidate has strong willingness to learn fast in new role and is hungry to push the startup and his/her colleagues to improve
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and Ukrainian
- BSc/BA in Business/Marketing or a related discipline
- Experience working in a venture-backed startup or with a digital product/software
- Basic understanding of the maritime industry/seafaring
What we offer
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- The ability to work with the founding team of a startup that will disrupt the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors (more on this soon!)
- Be part of a very talented, hungry and expanding team with great opportunities
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- Work in an inclusive, international team. Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally.
- Paid vacation days
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis