The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- We were set up in January 2020 by ex PayPal founders
- We've grown to a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely - from the UK, Sweden, France, Romania, South Africa, Singapore, the USA and more!
- We secured our Series A funding round in November 2020, with backing from Accel, Seedcamp, Balderton and Speedinvest
- We love hiring driven people and enabling them to do the best job possible by giving them autonomy in their role and encouraging a culture of collaboration
The Checkout team is responsible for designing and shipping a beautiful and highly optimised payments experience across all platforms. Our checkout libraries will power online payments for the world's largest merchants and will be used by millions of customers every day.
We're looking for a versatile Software Engineer to join Team Checkout. This is a unique opportunity for someone to oversee the creation of our mobile payments experience.
What you'll be doing
- Giving birth to the best checkout experience in the world. No compromises!
- Completely rethinking how merchants integrate payments, and how customers pay online
- Designing, implementing and maintaining fully-tested and highly-optimised libraries that are miles ahead of the competition
- Creating first-class documentation for both our merchants, and for teams internally
- Working closely with users, analysing feedback and iteratively improving our products and services
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and reach
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking to the future to improve upon the checkout experience, using the best tools for the job
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring a quickly-expanding team
- Versatile and technology-agnostic
- Extensive experience building, maintaining and documenting developer libraries
- Relevant experience with iOS - experience with React Native is also interesting!
- Passion for maintainable, performant, well-tested and resilient code
- Sensitivity to Developer Experience and Customer Experience
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in the tech ecosystem - you know what new interesting tech is around the corner
Preferred but not required:
- Experience of working with mobile devices using native languages/frameworks
- Knowledge of online payments, especially alternative payment methods
- In-depth knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Previously successfully working in a remote environment