We are a young consulting company specializing in building data platforms and AI solutions for our customers.
Freshly on the market with a very experienced team (e.g. Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)), and well-known clients in the areas of mechanical engineering, retail, financial services, and mobile apps. Our projects always involve applying cutting-edge technologies to exciting real-world data.
Culture is the key aspect at Paiqo – having fun working together, trusting each other, and combining independence with teamwork. There are no fixed working hours and no fixed reporting structure. We are looking for Data Engineers who we can trust to do great work on their projects because they are motivated by the challenging nature of the projects themselves. We are also looking for people who we can learn from and who are willing to learn with us, to always stay on the cutting edge with our technical skills.
What you can expect
- You will solve challenges with e.g. Databricks, Spark, H2OAI, real-time streaming
- You will be working with the client directly and manage the full project (no selling required)
- You will be accomplishing great results with an international, and fun team
- You will have dedicated time to experiment (with new technology) and share your knowledge
- Deep understanding of modern cloud-based data architecture and cloud services, preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Spark and the Hadoop stack is an advantage
- Experience working with various databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience in programming and a demonstrable ability to learn new programming languages. There is no strict requirement on the knowledge of any particular languages, since on each project we may need to adjust to the customer’s existing technology landscape.
- Commonly used languages include Python, C#, Scala, and various dialects and procedural extensions of SQL
- Experience in building data processing pipelines and defining data architectures
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and an ability to explore and understand customers’ technical ecosystems and data, as well as an ability to communicate complex technical problems and their solutions clearly
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with data scientists and a good understanding of their needs
- Readiness to travel
- English and German proficiency (German is less important for candidates with excellent technical skills)
What we offer
- Challenging projects with well-known companies in various fields as customers
- Young and highly motivated team
- Great emphasis on education and training with dedicated time on the job
- Opportunity to use the newest technologies for data storage and processing
- Unlimited home office
- Beautiful office in central Vienna (MyHive)
- Topline Laptop and mobile
- Public transport ticket (Wiener Linie /123 Ticket)