Thanks for checking out our job description for an Account Executive at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just throwing you right in there with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we want you to know that the person that wrote this job description apologises in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; number 3 in Flexa’s most Flexible Companies to work for; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
By the way, the starting salary we offer for this role is between £42k - £80k.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
Your day to day responsibility will be to negotiate and close hotel chains, bringing them onto our platform. You’ll build relationships with our customers, looking for potential cross selling and up-selling opportunities in the future.
Alongside the Market Associate team & other AE’s in your region, you’ll be expected to be entrepreneurial and work with management to establish Impala in your region.
You’ll work closely with the Market Associate team to identify the most performant current channels, and also think up new ways to engage hotels and grow the Impala brand in your region.
Being one of the early members of the AE team you’ll be expected to help build our best practices, process and tactics as we scale. You’ll need to be great at giving feedback!
You should join us if:
- You are fluent in Italian.
- You want to be part of the future of the hospitality industry.
- You have experience in opening new markets and understand what is required to do so.
- You have experience selling to hotels and understand what is required to do so. Needs a clear understanding of how to help build a GTM strategy in a new territory.
- You love a high paced environment with no 2 days the same. You have a healthy competitive streak and love winning as a team.
- You have Mid-Senior level experience closing mid-market customers consistently and at volume.
- You enjoy negotiation and conversion, you thrive on challenging targets and nothing beats the joy of overachieving.
- You are entrepreneurial with an innate ability to take ownership of an area with little direction required.
- You deeply understand what is required in order to build a pipeline and have significant experience optimising different stages.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You’re exceptionally good at giving feedback, both up and down and are always looking for ways to help and level up those around you.
- You ask a lot of yourself and have demonstrable experience of being high performing in everything you do.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You’d prefer a stable role with clear and consistent role expectations, over a role which will need to be constantly elastic and flexible.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
What is Impala?
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — we’re looking to SET them!
Impala is currently making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy for any innovator anywhere - to create a better world of travel for all. In short, we’re providing hotels with powerful data distribution infrastructure to unlock opportunity.
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much just the beginning.
Why you should join us:
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board at Impala - all of whom work to mutually elevate and support each other
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT timezone wise, for now (and are expanding globally in the future!).
We also have a London based, non-compulsory, office provision that anyone in London is free to colocate from if/when in town.
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
We also have a dedicated Remote Experience Manager in the team, whose role is, amongst other things, to ensure your happiness, and help you integrate and feel empowered whilst working remotely.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation, that will help jump start the travel industry. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
Apply if you want to bring your innovation bent and product-obsession to help change the game in travel.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.