We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials, and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
Wanted: a proactive Lead User Experience Research who will spearhead our research efforts and help define our product roadmap.
Research and design lie at the core of everything we do at Shapr3D. We’re on a mission to deliver a captivating and seamless user experience - unlike anything the industry has experienced before. And our researchers are in charge of discovering everything that makes product UX top-notch so that we can deliver on that promise. As our Lead UX Researcher, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact our product growth.
More from Peter Schuszter, one of our User Researchers:
“It’s unbelievably rewarding to listen to these bright people. First, because they are super-passionate about their work, but also because they just love to talk to us as they are immensely grateful for how Shapr3D can unleash their creativity. Yes, you’ll hear about their frustrations too, but that’s the juice of it.”
This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with the potential to affect change at the core level of our product. You will regularly interface with our product design team, UX researchers, and prototypers from the engineering team in a fast-paced and exciting startup environment that is obsessed with product usability.
If you’re driven by connecting with passionate users and excited by the prospect of helping us disrupt the entire 3D modelling industry – then this role is perfect for you.
What you’ll do
- Proactively identify new user research areas to support product and business decisions
- Provide guidance in clarifying research goals and choosing a methodology for key projects
- Make research findings transparent and accessible to other functions like growth/marketing, catalyze cooperation
- Play a lead role in continuously developing segmentation for our evolving user base, and generating journey maps
- Help researchers advance in their career path, be a mentor to them in effective research planning, conducting, and reporting
- Manage research project priorities and resource allocation
- Demonstrable experience as a Lead UX Researcher
- Expertise across a wide range of User Research methods and techniques (e.g. in-depth interviews, field research, generative and evaluative research, design workshops)
- Experience in developing user segmentation and journey mapping for a product/service
- Extensive track record of interviewing and surveying customers, uncovering and mapping their pain points along their product journey
- Proven record of synthesizing research findings, turning research data into actionable insights
- Experience in developing user segmentation for a product service
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Experience in 3D modeling and CAD is a plus
What we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and the chance to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a word-class product and to learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development - be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re moving from abroad
- 100% sick leave payment
- A generous healthcare package with Medicover (upon passing your probation)
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest*
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (including fruit, cereals, sweets, savories, a company Wolt account while we’re working remote, and more)
*Our team is currently working remotely. We're very grateful to be able to continue our work throughout the pandemic.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you
***Please submit your CV in English***