As a VP of Engineering (m/f/d), your goal is to bring our technology to market. For this, you will build up and lead Fernride's team of talented developers and engineers. You are responsible for coordinating all engineering efforts: software- and hardware development, system architecture, safety, quality management, and all related processes. Your primary activities are recruiting, management, internal communication, and delivery — getting our product on the road, while ensuring the teams are hitting their mark. You achieve this with your inspiring personality, people skills, and deep understanding of technology. With your experience in building teams and shipping products, you are an integral part of Fernride's leadership team and expected to help shape our strategy and roadmap. Next to the founding team, the VP of Engineering is the most senior role and reports to the CEO.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Grow and manage our diverse team of engineers.
- Guide the engineering teams and support them to address technical challenges, such as the most suitable tech stack, system architecture, code quality, and system performance.
- Regularly interact with the founding team to update the roadmap and strategy.
- Participate in workforce planning and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Attract, lead and coach a passionate team of engineers and engineering leaders.