Medical Data Intern - Literature Search Automation (m/f/d)
Come and grow with a medical technology company!
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds to develop self-testing and home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data. In order to expand our diagnostics library and bolster our research team, we are looking for medical researchers to join us in Vienna.
A little about your future role…
We offer a paid internship, based in Vienna, for a duration of 3-4 months, where you can grow in an innovative, open, and future-oriented startup environment.
You will be working with our Medical and Data Science Teams to help build a solution to assist us with our medical research. You will:
- Develop a semi-automated system to perform systematic scientific literature searches
- Find technical solutions to ease and optimize the medical research workflow
- Collaborate with our medical team to define project requirements, input parameters, and evaluate results
- Collaborate with our data scientists to research suitable tools, implement solutions, and ensure system quality
A little about you…
- Knowledge of scientific programming with python (scipy, pandas, requests) and basic software development practices (git, code reviews, testing)
- Some data science skills (R programming, statistics, maths, sql, data processing, visualization)
- You are well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Fluent in English - any other languages are a plus (we have an international team)
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zürich and Vienna. We are closely affiliated with venture-capitalists in Europe and overseas. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities and outings (hiking, team retreats, etc.).
- Networking opportunities at startup events.
- An international work environment with English as the working language.
- Investment in your further education and learning.
- Spacious, open-plan office in the 1st district.
- Opportunity to contribute to a more prevention focused and patient centred future of the healthcare industry
Your salary depends on your study and internship situation. For a compulsory internship required as part of your study programme a minimum gross monthly compensation of € 800,00 is offered. For a non compulsory internship we offer a minimum gross monthly salary from € 1.584,07 as per the related collective bargaining agreement minimum.