Logistic is a piece of cake!
byrd is transforming the 250-year-old logistics process through state-of-the-art technology and make countless logistics and fulfillment processes for retailers seem like a walk in the park.
They are on a mission to build a single European e-commerce market by connecting warehouses and shipping providers across the fragmented continent. The ambitious goal is to build the world’s largest fulfillment network with capacities in every European country and beyond. Ultimately enabling merchants to expand and grow in any country with just a few clicks and truly unlocking e-commerce in Europe.
Due to increasing interest in our client’s product and the company’s potential for growth, byrd is looking for a Chief Financial Officer - to take the business to the next level.
If you are an experienced high performance-oriented CFO with the ability to support byrd in its growth - we want you!
How you will make a difference @ byrd – see for yourself
You’re going to
- Act as first point-of-reference for all financial matters and be responsible for the overall financial health of byrd
- Be in charge of all debt/equity capital sourcing activities, manage the relationships with existing and future debt/equity investors and get the organization in shape for larger future fundraising activities
- Lead the financial development of byrd and look after the financial support of the company's expansion into different markets and segments
- Oversee fundraising and related management in close collaboration with the CEO. Hence, you will also ensure the timely and high-quality receipt, processing, distribution, and reporting of funds
- Make certain that all teams are monitored and held accountable for their financial performance
- Ensure that C-level is informed of any significant deviations from the budget and that shareholders and board members are regularly informed of byrd's financial status
- Lead a high performing finance team and create an exciting, dynamic, and sustainable working environment that ensures the efficient execution of functions across the finance department
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar role, including comprehensive leadership experience
- Experience in a fast-growing international Start-up, VC, Private Equity, or Investment Banking environment and have also successfully supported and completed financing rounds or an IPO
- Highly skilled in creating financial reports and establishing KPI's
- A network in the finance and investor scene and the ability to use it effectively
- Fluent proficiency in English (C2 level), German is a plus
- Excellent communication, strong influencing and interpretation skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong management and mentoring skills to oversee the finance team and delegate tasks as required
What can you expect?
- Responsibility, autonomy, and opportunity to create. While the C-Level at byrd collaborates closely, each member enjoys a very high level of autonomy to make decisions and build their function in the way they see most fit for the success of their team and ultimately the company.
- Ownership in the company. As a C-Level, you will be working on an eye-level with the founders and you should benefit from the success of the company. For this reason, the CFO position includes a strong equity package as part of the compensation.
- Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchies. Byrd offers meaningful tasks, which have a direct impact on their company and their customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
- Flexible working hours and home office options. Byrd knows that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why they encourage their employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. They also offer the possibility to take home office (alternative: work from home), if needed.
- Training Budget. The team is constantly developing and growing with the company. To help with the development you will be offered a generous training budget to improve your skills where you see fit.
- Annual public transport tickets. Byrd offers annual public transportation tickets to all of their employees to compensate for their time spent on commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally friendly way of commuting.
- Gym membership. Byrd wants their employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Their activities are diversified; their movement is not. In order to create a balance, they offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) memberships to everyone at Byrd.
If you want to be part of this passionate and forward-thinking team, we look forward to receiving your application!
byrd believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or marital status.