As an Advanced Senior iOS Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of iOS Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled iOS engineers.
This is a remote position but at this point we're only considering applications from Romania. Occasional traveling to our office in Sofia is expected.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
As part of this team,
- You will be working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems.
- You will be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality.
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- You will ideally join our iOS Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
- Career progression is as important to us as it is for you, and we therefore have put in place a Tide Growth Framework to guide you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
You’ll be a great fit if you have/are:
- 5+ years of iOS development experience
- Strong knowledge in Swift and recent iOS SDKs
- Understanding of iOS architectures
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, Design Patterns and iOS architecture
- A good grasp of RESTFul Web services
- Experience with version control, pull requests and code reviews
- Version control with GIT experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban and tools such as JIRA
- Strong Performance Optimisation skills i.e. Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in the API and Client layer, and solutions to mitigate them
- Strong R&D skills i.e. Ability to identify and research the best technology for solving a problem
- A passion for automation and experience with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
- Experience in writing tests, working with test frameworks and build code-coverage tools
- Comfortable working with legacy code whilst proactive at pushing technology approach and choice forward
- Experience building sleek, high-performance user interfaces and complex iOS apps that successfully shipped to customers
- The proven track record on managing and delivering technical projects within a team
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle
- Proactiveness and strong communication skills.
- Lifelong learning mindset and open to learning and working with other technologies.
- Stay up to date with programming best practices and new technology trends
The following will be advantageous:
- Well-versed in IT security, with a good understanding of security best practices for Mobile app development
- Knowledge of TDD and/or BDD
- Functional Reactive Programming
- Pair programming
- UI Testing
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
- 25 days annual paid leave + days off on national Romanian holidays
- Family-friendly leave and additional volunteering time off
- We invest in your development with a professional L&D annual budget
- Additional benefits coverage allowance
- WFH equipment allowance (fixed one-time amount)
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.