Today’s healthcare fails a lot of us living with chronic conditions. It is unnecessarily hard to get access to medical advice, prescriptions and medications. More and more costs are put on the consumer as healthcare systems struggle to carry the burden.
Our Client, 9am.health, is building an international company to redesign healthcare for consumers making it easy, affordable and kind. They start by focusing on chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia for customers in the United States. They will redesign all care elements into one digital service individualized around today’s reality of people’s life - always available and incredibly convenient and kind, at prices anyone can afford even without insurance.
The founding team behind 9am.health has been working together for many years and includes former founders and CEOs of mySugr, a digital service used by over 3m people with diabetes worldwide. Today the team has 200 employees and is part of the world’s largest biotech company Roche.
They are looking for people that do not look for a job - but a mission - people that want to be part of something special and work for the benefit of our users and transform healthcare for the better.
Here is an exceptional opportunity to be amongst the first people to join the team and shape their story as a Senior Backend Java Engineer (f/m/d):
As one of the first team members, you will...
- Be responsible developing the product backend, establishing the foundation for realizing the company’s vision and goals
- Engage with users, customers, partners, sales and support to gather feedback and ideas for the development of our products and future enhancements
- Build architectures and write code that is able to fulfill the needs of our users and own it from idea over development to operations
- Run tests, deploy releases, and own the running application and understand how it behaves “in the wild
- Take all technical decisions that it needs to move forward quickly
- Help building up and leading a strong, diverse and highly skilled technical team that will be able to build world-class products with high quality
This is you:
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record as senior / lead engineer in building scalable cloud architectures and savviness with databases, caching techniques and API design
- Proficiency in the Java ecosystem and tooling including the main frameworks like Spring and Hibernate to ultimately utilize these to translate problems into solutions quickly
- Experience with data storage solutions (relational databases, key-value stores, caching, object storage) and can integrate them into comprehensive architectures
- Enthusiast of high-quality code and verifying quality through code reviews and high test coverage is the normal way of working for you
- Ideally, you have experience with cloud service providers like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud and can operate infrastructures in there
- Fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus but not a must
- You are permitted to work in the EU and willing to visit our Viennese office from time to time
Here is what you can expect:
- Being a crucial part in building a meaningful service with the potential to improve the lives of millions of people around the world
- Joining an exciting environment of an international startup with highly experienced founders that have successfully built a business from scratch before
- Gaining lots of insights into healthcare systems around the world and the ability to directly connect with users and business partners
- Fostering mindset of constant learning and improvement on all levels and disciplines, individually and as a team
- Leveraging a brand new tech stack and a small, flexible team with lots of opportunities to shape technology, infrastructure, culture, and ways of working
- Sites in Vienna, Austria and San Diego, California - moving between sites is welcome! We would love to spend more time in the office together, but of course a large part will be remote
- Competitive compensation package, plus the option to participate in the company’s stock options program
We value the diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Let’s do good and have some fun! Do not hesitate to hit the apply button and we are looking forward to hearing from you!