VP of Engineering (m/f/d)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
As a VP of Engineering (m/f/d), your goal is to bring our technology to market. For this, you will build up and lead Fernride's team of talented developers and engineers. You are responsible for coordinating all engineering efforts: software- and hardware development, system architecture, safety, quality management, and all related processes. Your primary activities are recruiting, management, internal communication, and delivery — getting our product on the road, while ensuring the teams are hitting their mark. You achieve this with your inspiring personality, people skills, and deep understanding of technology. With your experience in building teams and shipping products, you are an integral part of Fernride's leadership team and expected to help shape our strategy and roadmap. Next to the founding team, the VP of Engineering is the most senior role and reports to the CEO.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Grow and manage our diverse team of engineers.
- Guide the engineering teams and support them to address technical challenges, such as the most suitable tech stack, system architecture, code quality, and system performance.
- Regularly interact with the founding team to update the roadmap and strategy.
- Participate in workforce planning and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Attract, lead and coach a passionate team of engineers and engineering leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in building an engineering team as a VP, or Director of Engineering.
- Experience in a high-velocity, fast-growing, venture-backed, technology startup.
- Track record of developing and launching SaaS products.
- MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind.
- Superior communication (English, German optional) and people skills.
- Ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
- An entrepreneurial and analytical mindset.
- A strong orientation toward problem-solving.
- Experience with E/E design and complex systems.
- Knowledge in the development of autonomous vehicles.
- Worked in the automotive industry and with automotive software development processes such as ASpice and V-Modell.
- Worked with standards such as: ISO 26262, DIN EN 61508, DIN ISO 9001.
Fernride offers Logistics customers the end to end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. Thus, Fernride is redefining the job of the driver who will evolve from a 1:1 remote operator to a highly effective fleet manager who assists up to 50 highly automated vehicles from the comfort of an office. Partnering with leading OEMs, Fernride enables the remote operation and full automation of driverless fleets - swap body or trailer trucks, forklifts, shuttles, or other vehicles.
Be ambitious: We set ambitious goals that challenge the status-quo and push us of our comfort-zone. We have a shared passion for building extraordinary products.
Take ownership: We actively take ownership of our tasks, products and teams. By being accountable, we know we can fully rely on each other.
Get things done: We get things done without getting hung up on unnecessary details. We know that the simple solution always wins over the complex one.
Be data-driven: We decide based on reliable data, enabling precision and maximum impact.
Strive for improvement: We continuously grow personally and professionally. Our open-minded mentality and love for learning allows us to reflect and progress on a daily basis.
Equality and Diversity at FERNRIDEFERNRIDE is built on people and their differences give us strength. We want to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Join our journey of continuous learning and rapid growth. Help us celebrate equality and diversity!
Thank you for your interest in FERNRIDE! Please fill in the application form below. If you are facing any problems uploading your documents, please send your documents via e-mail to [email protected]