Obesity has become a global epidemic; in the UK, we spend £9 billion a year alone on diseases like type 2 diabetes (that’s 10% of the NHS budget). What’s shocking is most of this is preventable – through sustained lifestyle and habit change.
Enter Second Nature.
We’re here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital habit change programme – delivered digitally through mobile and web apps – helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We’re also one of the few consumer health brands that are also actively commissioned by the NHS (for us, it’s to help people living with type 2 diabetes).
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to help us better understand our users, uncover opportunities for improvements to our experience and inform product decisions.
What you'll do
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide meaningful and actionable insights
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Marketing to define research problems or discovery areas
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between
- Deliver and communicate compelling and timely insights and recommendations to our product and design teams to inform roadmaps and guide our strategy
- Develop and innovate on our user research practice
- Responsible for understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research
- Leading research projects and synthesising findings into recommendations
- Prioritising product development and showing improvement in metrics through your recommendations (PMF, retention)
- Creating strong, scalable user research process
- Identifying usability issues and opportunities for the Second Nature experience
- You have research experience working with product teams in consumer-focused companies (3+ years)
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You have broad experience in prioritising and leading different qualitative and quantitative research methods, depending on the questions the team needs to answer
- You are able to distill compelling insights from quantitative data and qualitative user research
- You are able to effectively communicate insights to different teams and stakeholders to help inform decision-making
- You enjoy collaborative work but are also able to work autonomously
- You have a passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research
- You can see the impact your work is having on improving thousands of people’s lives and tackling the obesity epidemic on a daily basis
- You’ll get to work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic
- You’ll have autonomy and responsibility for your work direction
- We provide a personal development allowance
- You'll have plenty of opportunity for career progression
- Currently the entire team is working from home, but we've always offered a flexible working environment where you can work from home when you need to and would continue to do this in future
- You can find out more about working with us here.