We’re on the hunt for a Technical Writer to join our team in Budapest. As our next Technical Writer, you will be responsible for bringing clarity to and keeping Shapr3D’s product communication concise across all platforms.
Within the organization...
In this role, you’ll report to the Creative Director, and you’ll work in close collaboration with the Content, Engineering, Product, Design, and Support teams.
What will you do?
- Create and maintain our manual containing Support articles for users, as well as all public product documentation (e.g. announcements for product features, user guides for beta use
- Create, edit, and revise in-app UX copy, including captions for in-app videos
- Produce written overviews of new product releases
- Help ensure the quality of our in-product copy and messaging
- Ensure that all technical product and manual copy is in line with Shapr3D’s brand and tone of voice
- Coordinate the localization of product documentation with our external translators
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, marketing, and engineering to make sure we create a great user experience
- Analyze both qualitative and quantitative data to support your work and continuously improve your output
- Collaborate with copywriters to maintain Shapr3D’s style guide and glossary.
In an ideal world, you have:
- 2-4 years’ software industry experience as a technical writer
- Proven track record of creating software documentation
- The ability to turn complex technical concepts into digestible pieces of copy
- Excellent written skills in English, as well as experience with topic-based and modular writing
- Experience using source control systems and workflow tools, such as GitHub and JIRA / Confluence
- Experience with localization workflows and working with external vendors
- Experience using Zendesk Guide for user-facing documentation
- Bonus point: previous experience working in the CAD / 3D modeling industry
- Bonus point: exposure to any of the following tools - MadCap Flare, DITA tools (e.g. oXygen XML), Whatfix, Adobe RoboHelp/Framemaker, AuthorIt or others alike.
What do we offer?
- The chance to build a world-class product and be an owner of the company with your own shares
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale things up together with the best professionals in the field
- A 500 USD yearly budget for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment and a generous Medicover healthcare package (upon passing your probation)
- A gorgeous office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest, well-stocked with snacks and coffee on us (and a company Wolt account while we’re working remotely)
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build /contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
#Senior #LI-AM#Mid #LI-AM