Technical Program Manager (f/m/d)
Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are searching for a detail-oriented Technical Program Manager to join our Engineering organization as Billie enters a scale-up phase. You will be the master strategist responsible for enabling all the different product teams to do the work required to deliver our company initiatives. Ultimately, you will be the go-to person for anyone in Billie who needs to understand where our engineering efforts stand for said initiatives, including all the risks and cross-team dependencies. You want:
- Partner with our Business Development team to understand company-wide initiatives and help the Engineering organization deliver against those plans.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand our product roadmaps and find out potential cross-team risks and dependencies.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers to understand ongoing engineering work within their teams and enable them to deal with risks and cross-team dependencies by themselves.
- Run cross-team events, as well as maintain up-to-date documentation and status overview
- Unblock trick situations and enable people to do their work
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years in a similar role (eg TPM, Project Manager, cross-team Tech Lead).
- Experience delivering large cross-team projects or programs, such as product launches to new countries and international expansion.
- Excellent risk and dependency management skills.
- A true conviction and previous experience with Agile engineering practices.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language and Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in driving the successful delivery of complex software systems in FinTech, Finance or B2B organization.
- Previous work experience in the financial or payments industry that enables you to quickly dive deep into our product.
- Proven professional experience with start-up companies and/or with international teams.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team's needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- An annual development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a thirsty market for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You'll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Years of experience