Technical Buyer / Technischer Einkäufer
Bewerbung kann auch auf Deutsch eingereicht werden.
We are looking for a Buyer who enjoys procurement, supplier engagement and negotiation in support of Verity's indoor drone systems. This role executes the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure Verity's operational requirements are met. The main responsibilities include sourcing and building relationships with vendors who can provide goods that meet Verity's exacting standards. You will address supplier performance to improve quality of supply, as well as negotiate pricing and arrange for the purchase and delivery of goods in accordance with customer expectations.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials
- Receive goods and distribute to the respective location
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of any changes on purchasing and production activities
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns
What you bring
- Technical background with further training in purchasing or commercial training with technical affinity
- 3+ years experience in procurement
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Fluent in German and good communication skills in English
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Computer literate, including advanced Excel skills
- Contract management and supplier experience is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
Who you are
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with a high problem-solving competence and a sense of responsibility
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skill and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.