Technical Artist (Contractor)
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our team. You’ll be responsible for building and extending Shapr3D’s unique visual look delivered on multiple platforms and used by millions of users.
Please note: This is a contractor position with flexible working hours, located either on-site (in Budapest) or remote for the project duration. The current project phase is expected to last approx. 9-12 months, after which the opportunity may arise to convert into permanent employment for subsequent phases.
Within the organization
You’ll join the Rendering Team and work closely with key people from our Rendering, Design, and UX teams, and possibly other engineering teams.
We’re committed to building a world-class app and engineering organization.
From Ákos Kapui, our VP of Engineering:
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.”
Read more about our engineering philosophy here.
What will you do?
- Participate in building a whole new visualization mode as part of the editing flow in Shapr3D, featuring real-time physically based rendering
- Create stunning environments, materials, shaders, and sample models – contribute to building a swatch library and showcase projects with Shapr3D
- Collaborate closely with designers, researchers, and engineers to define and solve complex problems in an agile environment
- Put Shapr3D users first. Let their needs guide us to the best solutions and informed product specifications.
In an ideal world, you have
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling tools, with a strong mindset for creating content for performance constrained environments
- Proven track record of industry experience as a technical or rendering artist
- Strong visual design skills the ability to define prototypes and build assets, and use data and user research to make design decisions
- Familiarity with modern real-time computer graphics and shading techniques, knowledge of GLSL/HLSL/MSL
- Familiarity with mobile ecosystems and platform graphical performance analysis tools is a big plus
What do we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a world-class product and learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- An iPad Pro so you can play with the app (and an Ultimaker office 3D printer if you work on-site)
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest, stocked with all the snacks you need
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don’t worry if you don’t tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build /contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.