Strategic Projects (f/m/d)
We are hiring a highly capable Strategic Projects intern with a getting-things-done mentality and experience in fast paced environments to work closely with our Chief of Staff for the CEO office. You will be our Swiss army knife supporting on high priority tasks and cross functional strategic initiatives to help us build a sustainable & scalable remote company.
Our purpose is to remove all friction from the developer experience to be always ready-to-code and make software engineering more collaborative, joyful, and secure.
Gitpod enables remote development without friction through automated, cloud-based developer environments that are radically changing the way developers work. Read more about why that matters.
We are a highly-motivated, fully-remote team, organized in a flat hierarchy, and led by technical founders, funded by leading VCs like General Catalyst.
We celebrate diversity and strive for an equal, inclusive, empathetic and welcoming environment.
As a Strategic Projects Intern you will ...
🇨🇭Be our swiss army knife
You’ll work on multiple projects and tasks in parallel, often from various areas and help us focus on the most important ones.
🤝Be a trusted advisor.
You’re our right-hand and trusted advisor, on both strategic and operational tasks making sure the company vision is aligned with the operational needs
⏱Manage the inner focus of Gitpod
Improve processes with a detailed eye and identify operational and structural opportunities for change.
This makes you a great fit
You’re a highly capable generalist. As a jack of all trades, you’re not expected to be an expert, but to embrace the learning opportunities, quickly understand what’s required, apply structure and execute against the goal.
🏃♀️Proactive and eager to learn
We do not expect that you have already 'seen it all' but possess a high-level of proactivity and willingness to learn, ownership and a get-stuff-done mentality.
👯♀️People and processes
You’ve got strong stakeholder management skills and experience in driving organizational change and working on ambiguous projects
💡Connect the dots
You’ll gain deep insights into many parts of the company - your ability to see things that others might not enables you to come up with and drive initiatives end to end with little structure or guidance
🐍Data driven decision making
You might not be a data scientist but numbers are your friend and a regular in your analytical and problem solving toolkit. You don’t lose yourself in details and know what level of insights is needed in order to drive decisions forward.
🍊Share our values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, no unnecessary extra steps. We are open minded, inclusive, transparent and curious. We always remain students, not masters of the game. We have opinions, but are not opinionated. We integrate, don't dictate.
If the above sounds like you, please apply! This is an internship role with possibility to convert to a permanent full time position. Applicants should have gained first working experiences in a fast paced environment, preferably at a high-growth startup, management consulting or venture capital.
Gitpod for development, GitHub for issue tracking and as git hoster, Slack for comms, Figma for design, Notion as our virtual HQ, Pitch for slides, Loom for screencasts, Crew for hiring and a few others.
We care about you
- Option to convert to a permanent role
- Fully remote & flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
We are fully remote - so is our hiring process. We value written and async communication, you will get a taste of it during the process.
- Step 1 - Submit your application by filling out the form on the right side. The more information you give us the better. We will review your submission and may reach out with a quick questionnaire.
- Step 2 - Screening questionnaire (async). We prepared a couple of questions that you can either answer in text or by recording a Loom video.
- Step 3 - Challenge & interview. We are building Gitpod in public so we are interested in how you would tackle solving some of our real world challenges. We take them directly from our backlog. We are conscious of your time and will, of course, reimburse you for your efforts.
- Step 4 - References. Before receiving the offer we would like to better understand how former colleagues have worked together with you.
- Step 5 - Join Gitpod and help removing friction from the developer experience 🍾
Years of experience