Sr. Java Backend Engineer (f/m/x)
Be part of the future of fleet management software
Founded by a team of serial entrepreneurs, Avrios is a product-led SaaS company that has been building an award-winning solution for mobility management.
Our young, ambitious, and fearless management team set out on a mission to create the world’s most technologically advanced and future-focused fleet management software.
Immerse yourself in a demanding and fun environment! The reward for smart, hard work is the opportunity for rapid learning, career acceleration, committed teams, and loads of fun!
Join our open-minded, humble and honest group of people from over 20 countries, and let's revolutionize an industry!
As a Sr. Java backend engineer at Avrios, your primary goals are to:
- Be part of a cross-functional distributed product team that works with a dual-track agile process: quickly validate product ideas and ship working software that our customers love.
- Build customer-facing features based on scalable backend services running on Amazon Web Services.
- Apply your knowledge and experience within the Java ecosystem to actively shape the future landscape of our cloud architecture.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience as a Java backend engineer using modern language features (latest LTS).
- Passion for the Java ecosystem and its staple of tools and frameworks (Maven, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based microservice architectures and running containerized Java applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Willingness to maintain and own the software you build and actively contribute to technology decisions regarding the backend architecture.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication — German not required.
also statements that can describe you:
- You are an exceptionally talented software engineer.
- You are passionate about building world-class experiences that delight our customers.
- You're proud of the code you write, but you're also pragmatic.
- You're focused, driven and can get projects across the finish line.
- You have experience running apps in production.
- You're empathetic, humble and love to help your teammates grow.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous education budget.
- Great product with purpose.
- Clear team objectives within a product-led company.
- Ability to influence and define what you’re building within those objectives.
- Opportunity to have a big impact on a fast-growing international startup.
- Collaborative environment with a passionate, distributed and diverse team.
- People-focused culture that promotes open feedback and professional development.
At Avrios, we believe diverse teams make the best teams. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage you to apply even if you think you are not the “perfect fit” because your career has taken “unexpected twists and turns.” Tell us your story and why your skills and passion will bring value to this role.
Apply now and join our multifaceted and multi-talented group of diverse people from over 20 nationalities, gender identities, religions, and backgrounds.
We don't accept CVs from recruitment agencies, all sent agency CVs will be treated as direct applicants.