Special Culture Ops (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Full-time position based in Berlin. Travel to awesome places around the world included. Both English and German fluency are required. Salary range €45 - €60k.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify & Plaid. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We were part of Y Combinator and have further raised our Seed and Series A.
This position requires fluency in both German and English
A jack of all trades, you'll be the glue that holds it all together here at our lovely Gigs hub in Berlin. You’ll manage everything around our community of Gigsters (currently 30 people) and pioneer a revolutionary company perk known as Gigs Pads.
- Strategic Culture Ops: Means you’ll be in charge of all special projects around scaling Gigs culture. This is a hybrid role between office manager, executive assistant, and strategic people project manager.
- Scale Gigs Pads: You’ll own the execution and growth of Gigs Pads, our unique company perk. Gigs Pads is a collection of beautiful homes in amazing locations around the world. Every Gigster can book a room in a Gigs Pad and work from a different location. No need to book an Airbnb, it’s on us. You’ll be able to scout locations, set up apartments, and drive the operationalization of Gigs Pads.
- Team engagement & events: You’ll play a key role in bringing our people together and engaging the team. From organizing our all-hands meetings and amazing team offsites to planning exciting events, you love to come up with creative ways to establish a unique employee experience.
- Day-to-day office operations: You will be an expert in our daily processes to ensure smooth sailing. You will be an integral part of establishing administrative processes that scale as our team grows.
- Culture Ambassador: You'll shape our work environment, company culture, and ways of collaborating by developing smart solutions for day-to-day challenges. You’ll be a true driver in building a company culture we can all be proud of.
- Go-to person: Within the team, you’ll probably be the first person people go to with whatever they need. Plus, you’ll liaise with external partners to support us in various business functions.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You enjoy connecting with and engaging the people around you.
- You've managed an office and/or assisted a team before. We love builders. Our idea of great execution is turning tasks into smooth processes that scale.
- You eat flexible for breakfast. You are used to quickly changing needs and can adjust your strategy accordingly. You get excited by the idea of building something from scratch and meet chaos with pragmatism and light-heartedness.
- You have an eye for details. You understand that running a company requires attention to detail and organizational efficiency. At the same time, you never lose sight of treating people like people.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
- You are excited to work in a growing company. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- Full-time contract with a salary range of €45 - €60k annually
- Travel and scout out new Gigs Pad locations in awesome places around the world.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own, and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And we’ll go above and beyond to accommodate your needs.
You'll walk through 3 stages:
1. Get to know each other: We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
2. Meet the team: You'll get to meet our other team members. We value team fit above everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
3. Final conversation: Dennis and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
Thank you for your interest in Gigs. Please fill out the form to submit your application. If you have any problems, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Years of experience