Solution Architect with Ruby on Rails
$: 25000-30000 PLN net B2BTeam: Plus TechPlace of work: remote or Warsaw officePackhelp is a tech company that aims at revolutionizing the area of custom-made packaging. Our cutting-edge software helps more than 30,000 customers from 30 countries to design and order packaging almost effortlessly.
The team is growing and we’re on the hunt for a Solution Architect. You will be responsible for developing strong relationships with Business stakeholders, Product Teams, and Developer Teams; both within IT and across the organization in order to guarantee that solution designs map to the requirements of the business and are aligned to the deadlines & roadmap of partner teams and the wider strategic roadmap of the company.
Our stack (some eg.): TypeScript / JS / React / Ruby on Rails / WebGL / Canvas / Node / Heroku / Github CI / Spree / AWS / CQRS / DDD / Slack / OSX
This role will suit someone who can search for needed information and ask the right questions - to find the most optimal way, guaranteeing the highest quality.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll get the space to:
- support Product Managers to define their product vision providing your technical guidance
- moderate between the development team and internal business stakeholders who place their requirements
- challenge status-quos, technical decisions and propose alternatives to optimise delivery times and serve our long-term business and IT goals
- planning of the project by providing feedback on requirements and estimating implementation efforts
- align scoping and prioritization of technical deliverables with the project and beyond.
- contribute to creating large software systems that are extendible and you apply Domain-Driven-Design (DDD), Clean Architecture, and various Object-Oriented Enterprise Design Patterns to keep code modular and readable
- At least 6 years experience as a Backend developer
- At least 2 years experience as a Solution Architect or Software architect or similar.
- At least 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails or Sinatra
- Ability to implement business logic in to code
- Experience facilitating Event Storming sessions
- Practical knowledge of Domain Driven Design on strategic and tactic level
- Very good knowledge of relational databases like PostgresSQL
- Very good knowledge of GIT
- Very good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of patterns and ability to implement them based on use case
- Experience maintaining and building big web apps
Nice to have:
- Experience with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Knowledge of Spree gem
- Knowledge of PHP
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins or Gitlab
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
What we offer:
- Advanced technologies - opportunity to learn approaches and patterns like Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and Event Storming
- Knowledge sharing - internal meetups and possibilities to share knowledge across multiple areas
- No time tracking policy - we measure the effects, not the time
- Fair compensation – performance-based pay raises and quarterly bonuses, extra incentive for employee referral
- Comfortable workplace - We provide the comfort you need at work by helping you set up your home office and constantly improving our Warsaw headquarters
- The best possible tools - latest technology, our own apps and industry-standard software
- Career development - self-development budget, ability to learn from our experts during internal workshops and trainings
- Remote-first company culture - equal chance to participate in company's life, no matter where you work; all meetings, workshops and events are online for now
- Health & wellness - private healthcare, life insurance, mental health support and a subsidised MultiSport Card
- Vacation & time off - 26 paid vacation days and 1 extra Better Future Day for actively making our world a better place
More about Packhelp:
Packhelp is a place where curious minds come together to look for new possibilities and solutions. As a group of more than 200 professionals from all corners of the globe, we inspire each other every day and take pride in product we create. We develop fast, take risks and make bold, uneasy decisions.
Our efforts are appreciated globally. We were listed: #1 in Deloitte’s Fast 50 Central Europe 2020 ranking, the most prominent start-up in Europe by Business Insider, and we raised more than 10 Milion € from leading international VC funds.