Software Engineer - Research / Fullstack (m/f/d)
Heritage Type provides solutions that automate complex design processes to create beautiful graphics which usually require the expertise of professional designers and illustrators. Our software solutions are applied across various industries and are used by clients like Netflix, Warner Bros. or Burda Media as well as thousands of independent designers around the world. Our goal is to empower everyone to create professional designs.
We are looking for a 2D Graphics Research Engineer to help us improve the performance of rendering in the browser. Main objective is to research new rendering techniques(using WebAssembly and modern web stack) and help us with development of our rendering pipeline to achieve visually pleasing results and fast rendering speed.
- Come up with ideas to boost performance of our rendering pipeline
- Collaborate with engineering team
- Present, plan and execute ideas
- Support peers by providing constructive feedback and assistance
- 3+ years of previous programming experience in computer graphics
- Understanding of SVG and vector graphics in general
- Experience with wasm, wasm-bindgen, HTML Canvas and WebGL(2)
- Interest in game development and knowledge of C++ or Rust is a plus
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks(e.g. React) is a plus
Why you should join us:
- You’ll work on an exciting new product with an amazing people
- Very structured & fast-paced work environment
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Straight forward hiring process: Interview + short coding task
- Relocation support
- We have snacks, coffee, regular team dinners and rooftop parties ;)
If that sounds interesting to you let's get in touch!
We're looking for someone to start asap.