We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining the Engineering Team at Shapr3D, you’ll get the chance to build a top-notch product – one that’s already been used by hundreds of thousands of design professionals across the globe. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 30-year-old CAD industry, and it gets regularly featured on apple.com. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps.
We’re committed to building a world-class app and engineering organization.
From Ákos Kapui, our VP of Engineering: “Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.”
Read more about scaling-up engineering at Shapr3D and listen some thoughts from our Engineering VP on managing hyper-growth.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Rendering Team that is responsible for building and extending Shapr3D’s rendering stack used on multiple platforms and by millions of users.
How would you contribute to the mission?
- Participate in building a whole new photorealistic visualization mode as part of the editing flow in Shapr3D
- Research and implement graphics techniques to improve rendering quality and performance
- Contribute to extending our CI stack with new rendering-related tests and tools that support product decision-making
A sneak peek into our stack...
- Our proprietary rendering engine uses Metal API on Apple devices and DirectX 11 on Windows
- Our cross-platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- We’re building the UI for our iPad and Mac app 100% in Swift
- On Windows, we’re creating Shapr3D as a UWP app, using C++, C# and XAML
In an ideal world, you'll bring a bunch of these things to the table:
- In-depth knowledge of the latest real-time computer graphics algorithms and techniques
- Knowledge of modern mobile and/or desktop GPU architectures, Metal and/or Direct3D APIs, HLSL/MSL shading languages
- Knowledge of modern C++
- Familiarity with graphical performance analysis and debugging tools
- Proven experience with writing high-quality, testable, and maintainable code
- Development experience with macOS, iOS, or modern Windows application (UWP) is a big plus
And the following applies to you:
- Curiosity fuels your journey
- You are dedicated to building products that break the mold
- You like to take ownership of things and learn from your mistakes
- Quality code and very robust architectural decisions define your approach, but you can also move fast and build things with flexibility
- Users and data lie at the core of your technical decisions
- Users and the product come first. The team next. And your ego last.
What does a successful first 6-month period look like at Shapr3D?
Solving problems in our domain requires an in-depth knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems, and computer science – but more importantly, you have to understand our product. The first couple of weeks of your onboarding will mainly focus on learning and understanding our practices, after which it will shift towards autonomy and efficiency. You’ll be guided and mentored by experienced engineers throughout the onboarding process.
Now let’s fast forward 6 months into the future. You have designed, implemented, and released multiple features to production. You’ve had countless occasions where you had to make decisions on how to best solve a specific problem. You’ve also received numerous pushbacks and feedback from your teammates which eventually led to a better outcome. You’ve learned tons of new things during this period, and your work and contributions have inspired others to do the same.
What do we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a world-class product and learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it’s on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment
- A generous healthcare package with Medicover (upon passing your probation)
- An iPad Pro and an Ultimaker office 3D printer so you can play with the app
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest*
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (and a company Wolt account while we’re working remotely)
- Home office equipment to make the remote working period as comfortable as possible
*Our team is currently working remotely. We're very grateful to be able to continue our work throughout the pandemic.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don’t worry if you don’t tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***