Software Engineer (Python) (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
We are currently seeking a Python Developer that will help us to reverse engineer and extract data from electronics CAD files. The daily tasks for this position include creating abstractions and structuring the data in a way that fosters maintainability and easy access, as well as implementing routines to transform it into other representations.
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) programs are tools that allow hardware engineers to design circuits. The files generated by those tools mostly contain data about how elements are connected, geometrical information and other related data. Dozens of such formats exist, and there are very few open standards. The majority of those data formats are proprietary, undocumented and differ quite a bit from each other.
Electronics CAD data is the primary resource over which our technology operates, and we need to extract information about circuits and electronic components from several different sources, in many distinct forms, and abstract it so it can be used by our services.
The job role might also require you to learn new tools and technologies fast, and you should have in-depth data modelling knowledge as well as programming and scripting skills. You are expected to have expertise in the design, creation, management, and use of large datasets. Your responsibilities will include:
- Create software to extract data from electronics CAD files
- Devise high-level abstractions of CAD data by applying ORM (Object-relational mapping) techniques
- Perform the transformations by aggregating the data, converting from one CAD format to another
- Translate between data representations
- Reverse engineer third party data files
- Visualize geometric information
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 3+ years industry experience
- Coding proficiency in Python
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design patterns
- Ability to perform computational geometry tasks
- Knowledge of electronics would be a huge plus
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- An agile, innovative, and open-minded working atmosphere in a great international team, with a flat hierarchy and fast decision-making processes
- The chance to play a decisive role in shaping the CELUS Engineering Platform and have a direct impact on the electronics industry
- Flexible working hours, home office opportunities, as well as 24 vacation days + an additional paid Christmas week
- Support with the visa application and a relocation allowance
- German or English language classes
- Our "Best hunter" bonus for bringing new superheroes to the team
- Knowledge sharing sessions, numerous workshops, and our corporate library (online and offline)
- Personal development opportunities (courses, lectures, conferences etc.) with a yearly budget of up to 1000 EUR
- Regular team on-site and off-site events (cooking team buildings, pottery classes, VR gaming, escape rooms, etc.)
- Monthly metro ticket or parking spaces provided
- Free snacks, soft drinks and coffee in the office and free lunches in the local canteen
- A “Qualitrain” gym membership subsidized by us, offering access to 5000 sport and wellness facilities all around Germany, including swimming pools, yoga studios, massage and more
CELUS is a software engineering platform.
We simplify the process of designing electronics components by using artificial intelligence.
As a growing start-up company based in Munich, we believe in electronics engineering automation. This enables designing electronics components in a fraction of the time and nourishes creativity, as well as innovation.
Our mission is to unleash scalable engineering through our two products:
ORBIT - providing a comprehensive library of electronics components
SUPERNOVA - automating all the manual engineering steps.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for your interest in CELUS. Please fill out the following short form. Should you have difficulties with the upload of your data, please send an email to [email protected]
Years of experience