Software Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Mid-level Full-Stack Engineer to work alongside our remote engineering team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Seafair’s roadmap forward and developing our cloud-based marketplace platform, following engineering best practices, and learning more about the engineering process.
Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. We have received $7M in funding from investors like General Catalyst, FJ Labs, firstminute capital, Speedinvest, TA Ventures.
Who we’re looking for
You are an autonomous engineer, as passionate about technology as you are about applying it to optimize the world around you. You are a quick learner, excited about learning new skills and putting them into practice right away. You want to be part of an awesome team building two products; an online marketplace and a cloud-based SaaS platform. You are a strong team player that values communication. If you also perform best as part of an agile team that iterates fast and ships code daily, we’d like to meet you.
- Develop full-stack applications, using state-of-the-art frameworks like Django, Django REST Framework, and React
- Work with stakeholders and teammates in brainstorming about solutions to complex problems
- Participate in code reviews, automated testing, and QA
- Design and develop front-end interfaces and RESTful APIs for our applications
- Learn about the technologies we use and apply your new skills to produce high-quality code
- Solid experience in Python and TypeScript or equivalent high-level programming languages combined with the ability and willingness to learn a new tech stack fast
- Experience with React or other web frameworks (e.g. Angular, Node, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (MySQL/Postgres, etc.)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and the interoperability between front-end and back-end
- Proven ability to work autonomously, while also being a productive team member
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with Django/DRF
- Experience with a major cloud services provider (GCP, Kubernetes experience is preferred), serverless (Lambdas, Cloud Functions) and/or containerized microservices (Docker)
- Familiarity with best practices for SDLC management (version control, automated testing, build management, CI/CD)
- Open-source contributions that can prove your ability to produce high-quality code
What we offer
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- Be part of a very talented, hungry and expanding team with great growth opportunities
- Work for a startup that aims to disrupt the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, some lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- You get an international experience working with people based all around the world for a product that is marketed globally
- Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally.
- Paid vacation days
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level