Our vision is to become the top of mind standard for managing a small business. We create a central access to all essential tools, entrepreneurs really need to unleash the full potential of their business.
You will help us build and improve our EPOS and Merchant products on a range of platforms focusing on security and data services. The successful candidate will have practical experience of developing financial technology applications and services in PHP. The team uses the Scrum Agile Development methodology to promote the rapid development of quality code and enable the use of innovative and emerging technology to create effective products.
Within your 1 week, you’ll
- Complete the ready2order on-boarding Bootcamp and learn about our history, business and where we’re going;
- Meet your team at virtual coffee breaks to have a chat and get to know them.
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Be familiar with the code to be able to support existing products/Support existing product development;
- Understand the industry and the technical considerations in which ready2order operates.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Actively developing new features in product development;
- Work closely with Product, Design and the rest of the Engineering team to build new features from scratch;
- Be involved in refactoring legacy code;
- Be responsible of designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Be accountable for writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Have the effective experience and tools to raise our code quality standards and reduce the number of defects;
- Identify and address performance and efficiency issues that you identify in the code base;
- Become a strong member of a product development team by pushing the direction of our technology services;
- Be mentoring and coaching less experienced members of the team;
- Be able to contribute to our learning sessions.
Skills and experience to be ready
- Excellent experience working as a PHP developer with strong experience with frameworks like Laravel;
- Excellent experience of building and integrating API end-points and services using GraphQL and RESTfull;
- Excellent experience of DB development and optimisation;
- Excellent experience working in a continuous integration environment using established build and deployment technologies;
- Strong experience working on large-scale, high availability services;
- Proactive team worker;Highly analytical with a keen eye for details;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS;Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Experience of Jira and Confluence;Experience with DevOps;
- Experience adaptable to rising situations where being results-driven is the focus;
- Experience working with point of sale, payment or banking services.
Additional informationWe want to support you in preparing yourself as best as possible for the hiring process. You can read more about our recruitment process at the bottom of our career page in our Recruiting FAQ’s. If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our talent partners.