Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d)
At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies, and big companies.
You’ll be joining a team working on a brand new part of Thriva’s technology platform, helping us reach even more people with our goal of putting better health in their hands.
What you’ll be working on
- Define and evangelise DevOps best practices to get faster feedback.
- Transforming technical requirements into effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery.
- Defining and ensuring deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available using modern DevOps toolchain.
- Work with teams to coordinate build activities across systems and understand how to undertake and support integration, testing and production activities.
- Defining, analysing, planing, forecasting, measuring, maintaining and improving all aspects of the availability and capacity of services
- You use a modern standards approach to automate and test the product delivery pipeline and guide others to use it well.
- Design, implement and operate the security and integrity of our systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure issues using industry leading tools like DataDog.
- You have deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams using Heroku or AWS.
- You are proactive in identifying, locating and fixing faults.
- You know how to manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- You know about information security and can design solutions with security controls embedded to mitigate against security threats.
- You know how to collaborate with others to review specifications which are then used to design, code, test and document automation.
- You have experience with the Infrastructure as Code methodology and have used related tools such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- You have experience designing and maintaining CI/CD workflows using tools such as Github Actions, CircleCI or Jenkins.
- Your have experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker.
- You have experience building and running containerised production workloads (Kubernetes or AWS ECS).
Our current Tech stack
- React Native using Expo framework for our mobile application
- Nuxt.js - for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules - for managing our UI component library
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
How we work: We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
- Climate perks programme 🌍
- 8 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Years of experience