Senior User Researcher (m/f/d)
We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talent and turn them into globally successful authors.
Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers , which we then license for our Galatea app. When licensed and published on Galatea, we adapt the stories for our Galatea app and enhance the author's vision by adding vibrations and sound to turn their stories into immersive experiences for our users. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a twenty-year-old author from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018. Now, her story is selling faster than Harry Potter did in the same period of time! > Check out Inkitt on Euronews here!
At present, we are a team of seventy passionate, dedicated, and hard-working entrepreneurs, engineers and artists. Our mission, high-performing culture, and a strong user-obsession convinced Investors of Google, Spotify, and Uber. Inkitt also attracted experienced talents from DeliveryHero, n26, and Glovo. Join us, too, and help us build the Disney of the 21st Century!
In the role of a Senior User Researcher (m/f/d), your mission will be to contribute to making Galatea unputdownable by leading efforts allowing us to deeply understand our customers needs, goals and journeys (readers and writers alike). You will turn this qualitative user research into insights and artefacts which will shape the future of our product and content.
- Understand why different segments of users churn (subscription, free users, engagement etc.)
- Conduct interviews with numerous users, within your first weeks at Inkitt
- Identify how best to iterate our product by evaluating current value proposition, and identifying the biggest user pain points
- Identify what motivates our users to subscribe or make a purchase.
- Identify how best to design our content, and how we should focus our content resources (e.g. quality or quantity? endless stories vs giving stories a conclusion? value of immersive effects for users?)
- Provide structured learnings every week (with clarity on level of validation) to ensure we are continuously learning about our users
- You have 3+ years of experience as a User Experience / Design Researcher.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative data.
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development, while balancing business needs.
- Your English speaking level is "native".
- You speak and write clearly and are also a phenomenal listener to deeply understand other's viewpoints.
- You plan and organize in an efficient, productive manner by focusing on key priorities. You are also highly execution-driven and are able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- You ensure with confidence and conviction that the user's voice is heard and understood by the rest of the company.
- Nice-to-Have: You understand how to best segment the customers based on the product and / or content.
- Nice-to-Have: Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
- Nice-to-Have: Design experience.
- Nice-to-Have: Experience querying data with SQL.
What we offer:
· A flat hierarchy in a fast working environment
· Regular team events, free fruit and dinner in the office
· German language classes, Mental Wellness Program, Yoga, Pilates, Fitness & Cardio classes
· Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
· A flexible working policy and pat a pup time - we are a dog-friendly office
· An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
· Weekly All-hands meetings and updates
· A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!