Senior Talent Partner (Tech) (f/m/d)
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here.
To help us scale, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Tech Talent Partner - we want someone who is excited & driven by our mission and hellbent on building an inclusive & amazing team.
The Cleo app is built using Ruby on the Backend and React Native on the Frontend. These two coding languages make hiring for Cleo’s Engineering team competitive and challenging which is why we need a talented senior to help us. We want to hire engineers who care about solving big money problems for millions of people and fighting for the world’s financial wellbeing over working on the newest and coolest technologies.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Talent Partner, you will be joining our close-knit and supportive Talent Team, where you’ll act as a trusted partner and subject matter expert in Engineering talent acquisition. You’ll own the hiring process from start to finish for our Backend Engineering hiring across all levels but will also get involved in Frontend & Data recruitment too. This also means leading special projects to make Cleo the employer brand of choice for top-tier engineering candidates. The role involves but isn’t limited to;
- Working with our Engineering Managers to develop next-level recruitment strategies. Our product doesn’t do things the old-fashioned way, and neither should you. You’ll advise on all aspects of recruitment, from crafting new job adverts to improving our interview processes and running interviewer training for our engineers.
- Reaching out & engaging the best engineering talent, filling & balancing these pipelines to keep a healthy ratio of live candidates to jobs. You’ll always have DEI in mind - ensuring we’re attracting a diverse pool of top-tier talent. You’ll work with our team of industry-recognised copywriters and creative designers to create content and reach-out messages no engineer can ignore!
- Mapping out markets for all levels of engineering talent Cleo wants to hire - now and in the future. This will predominantly be UK-focused but might stretch into the US in the future. You’ll use CRM tools like Gem to ensure you’re always front of mind when a new engineer opens up to new opportunities.
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools, techniques & platforms to find candidates. Should we spend our budget/time on LinkedIn Recruiter, Github or something else altogether? Your on-the-ground knowledge will play a huge role in evolving our recruiter toolkit.
- You have experience sourcing direct talent for product-led orgs, with internal experience working very closely with senior stakeholders.
- You pride yourself on going above and beyond when it comes to delivering a great experience for your hiring managers and candidates.
- You’re an active listener and can iterate quickly and take feedback onboard to work better with your stakeholders, team and candidates.
- You are solutions driven and not easily discouraged by challenging projects. The Engineering market is tougher than ever before and you need to be highly determined and creative to find and secure top talent.
- You need to be naturally curious and inquisitive to fully understand the needs of your stakeholders/ business and match them with the candidates who meet them.
- You are proactive by nature and able to see the bigger picture and the role you can play in helping us become one of the best talent teams out there.
- You have experience working in fast-paced environments and have multiple examples of driving change with your stakeholder influencing skills.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 4 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is TA3 level and we can pay between £58,525 - £76,031 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.
Years of experience