Senior Staff Frontend Engineer (f/m/d)
Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Contribute to recruitment by attracting, reviewing and interviewing candidates
- Coach and mentor other team members through workshops, pair programming, and code reviews
- Closely collaborate with Product and UI/UX designers in order to deliver the best user experience
- Constantly improve our processes to ensure better DX without compromising on delivery
OUR TECH STACK:
- Our frontend architecture is built in a monorepo style with multiple frontend applications with Nextjs and React and many shared libraries and a design system to power the applications
- We use storybook to be a live documentation of our design system components and we write integration tests with cypress
- We manage our monorepo with Nx and our CI is built with jenkins and some github actions
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 4 years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with component based architecture using Reactjs
- Experience with implementing and maintaining atomic design systems
- Accessibility and testing (unit, integration and end-to-end) for you are first class citizens
- Experience with launching A/B test and experimentation
- Experience with TypeScript
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bundle size and core web vitals are always in your mind when taking decisions
- Implemented integration tests with Cypress
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Familiar with data structures and algorithm design
- Concepts like clean code, domain driven design and design patterns are not new to you
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team's needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- An annual development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a thirsty market for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You'll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Years of experience