Senior Software Engineer (PHP) - BOSS Team
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Backend Developer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
About the team
You will join the BOSS team that creates the BOSS application. BOSS is being used by various departments, including customer support, operations, compliance, and finance, and helps them to fulfill their daily work.
- Develop high-quality features, ensure high test coverage and troubleshoot to eliminate bugs
- Keep debug-outputs tidy, write comments during development and ensure technical documentation
- Constantly optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Excellent skills using PHP (Laravel/Symfony Framework), MySQL and REST-API
- Strong knowledge and experience in backend development systems and methodologies
- Good knowledge of working database systems and database optimisations
- Extensive experience in writing and maintaining tests
- Please include in your application sample code or a link to a specific project/commit on Github which best showcase your experience and skills.
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- An attractive individual stock option plan in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.