Senior Software Engineer - Node.js
Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Web Player Test Automation Team. We’re building infrastructure for automated testing of our HTML5-based player library powering Web Apps on desktop and mobile but also SmartTVs, Set-Top Boxes or gaming consoles like XBox One. The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for tackling complex problems in a performant and maintainable way.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Node.js you will
- Help us develop and improve our distributed automated testing framework and infrastructure to test our Player SDKs and other video-related products
- Maintain our farm of testing devices (PCs, smartphones, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smart TVs, gaming consoles)
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture to execution, deployment and maintenance
- Drive quality by writing unit, integration, and system tests
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
It would be great if you have
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes or web tech (HTML/CSS/UI libraries) or (micro) electronics/circuits
- Motivation to explore automation of devices like SmartTVs, Chromecast and gaming consoles on a hardware and software level
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.
Apply for this role
We are always looking for talented people to join the team, so just send us your resume