Senior Software Engineer - Backend (m/w/d)
Skyzr is a spin-off of Frequentis AG, an international provider of communication and information systems in the safety-critical environment. Frequentis underlines its expertise in the drone environment through numerous research and standardization activities, such as EASA, SESAR, NASA, EUROCAE. Skyzr starts as a SaaS company (Software as a Service) and offers cloud-based technology solutions together with local telecommunication service providers to enhance and support commercial drone missions.
We are a global and young team with a vision to bring new technology innovation to the drone market. Together, we drive forward-thinking change of epic proportions for drone services by identifying problems, developing solutions, and implementing them with our Frontrunner customers.
Do you want to be a part of the drone market - an exciting and fast-growing technology sector? Then you've come to the right place. You will help us develop, target and deploy world-class technology and services to be commercially successful. Together with you, we will develop the future foundation for effective unmanned aerial systems deployments for decades to come.
Our company philosophy inspires the best and brightest minds in autonomous aviation - our future employees and customers - and thus forms the foundation for our business success.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
Develop and bring new ideas to make our product even better
Imagine, research, and deliver projects to allow us to remain at the forefront of the industry, add to our services, and improve our API’s
Employ your developer spirit at all times to maintain a culture of continuous learning and constantly push the borders of possibility
Maintain comprehensive workflow documentation and knowledge sharing
Grasp the complexity of project planning and implementation, including the scope of work, time estimation, and resource allocation
Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines, and speak up when needed.
Great interpersonal communication skills.
Our tech stack: Java, Spring Framework, Database experience (SQL/NoSQL/MariaDB), AWS experience, Keycloak experience, Governors, Docker
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU
- Completed education (HTL, FH, University) with a focus on computer science or similar
- Good knowledge of scripting languages and basic knowledge of Java are an advantage
- Ideally first professional experience in Continuous Integration/ Deployment (Jenkins, Git, Kubernetes)
- Service architecture experience and Amazon Web Services (AWS) - certification is an advantage
- Additional backend experience in the area of development and/or operations with Java, Spring Framework, Docker, SQL, and/or MariaDB
WHAT DESCRIBES OUR TEAM CULTURE
- Our "Winning Team Culture" is based on:
- Entrepreneurial team spirit
- Hands-on mentality
- Disruptive thinking
- Creative innovations
- Effective and resource-efficient actions
- Intrinsic motivation
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- an agile start-up environment with a central location in Vienna and very good public transport connections
- a good work-life balance
- training and development opportunities
- flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home
- a family-friendly working environment
- salary 3.000€ gross with the willingness to overpay