Senior Python Engineer (m/f/d)
Who is byrd?
We are a fast-growing e-commerce logistics and fulfillment company on a mission to revolutionize the logistics industry. By setting the new standard of e-commerce logistics by offering state-of-the-art logistics solutions to online shops of all shapes and sizes, we aim to become #1 European e-commerce fulfillment provider. As such, our scalable fulfillment services empower online retailers to grow their business and enable them to fulfill their potential.
Where do you come into the picture?
As a tech-driven logistic company with offices in Berlin and Vienna, we are always looking for passionate team players, free spirits, creative dissenters, humble gurus, and technology experts who understand the big picture. Our curiosity sparks an endless appetite for learning and we appreciate constructive criticism (and are not afraid to employ it).
We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer to join our team in Berlin/Austria/Greece
1️⃣ This is how we see your role & responsibilities:
- Collaborate within a small but highly-skilled team to fundamentally change the way people think about logistics software.
- Design simple solutions to complex problems, with a high degree of freedom, from start to finish.
- Develop a robust, tested, and scalable platform, which you and your colleagues enjoy working on.
- Improve microservices, APIs, and our continuous integration/deployment pipelines.
- Lead champion best-practices and encourage knowledge sharing.
2️⃣ These are the skills we are looking for:
- 3+ years of industry experience in Python development. When your friends ask you if you have a favourite poem, you reply: PEP 20.
- Expertise in a Python framework, such as Flask or Django.
- A test believer. Tests are an everyday occurrence for you, not an afterthought or chore.
- Web services and REST APIs are second nature to you.
- A rounded knowledge of SQL and ORMs.
- Past experience of working in agile teams, using continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Humility. We appreciate constructive criticism and are not afraid to employ it.
- Strong communication skills. (English required, German an asset)
3️⃣ These bonus skills we find as an interesting asset:
- Using (and upgrading to) Python 3
- Heroku, AWS or similar cloud platform
- Systems architecture, containerization tools and platforms
- Microservices (when and when not to use them)
- API documentation generation, such as Swagger
- Life in a startup
4️⃣ Those are some of the tools that we are using:
- Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
- Heroku & AWS
- Angular & NgRx
5️⃣ This is what you can expect from us:
➡️ Company-wide transparency and flat hierarchy. We offer meaningful tasks, which will have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will work directly with the founders and a team of experienced professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
➡️ Flexible working hours and home office options. We know that not everyone is most productive from 9 am to 6 pm and this is why we encourage our employees to build their own flexible working hours that are coordinated with their respective team. We also offer the possibility to take home office, when needed.
➡️ Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to all of our employees to compensate for their time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting.
➡️ Gym membership. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Berlin) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd.
➡️ Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building events and annual celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing Berlin-based and Vienna-based colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
➡️ Groovy offices with free drinks & snacks. We know that working on our awesome mission requires sufficient energy; this is why we provide coffee, drinks, fresh fruits, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks to our colleagues, to keep us happy and full of energy every day.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
So, would you like to join us on our mission to revolutionize the logistics industry? We are looking forward to your application!