Senior Product Owner - United Kingdom (optional remote) (Full time) (f/m/d)
We Make Websites is the Shopify Plus agency for international brands. Our team of 70+ design, develop and optimize e-commerce websites for some of the world’s most exciting DTC and heritage brands. Our client portfolio includes: Pangaia, Hasbro, BBC, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Totême, Toast, This Works, Jigsaw, Harper Collins and more.
As a Senior Product Owner, you’ll be working as part of a cross-functional team (we call them ‘pods’) of UX and Visual Designers, Developers and Solutions Consultants, to deliver best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of large-scale design, build and replatforming projects, as well as ongoing enhancements for a roster of e-commerce clients. As part of this, you’ll ensure that we produce exceptional quality delivery, on time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Senior Product Owner:
- Working with client stakeholders and Client Managers to understand business objectives, define visions and build product roadmaps.
- Prioritising the needs and objectives of the client, juggling scope, budget and time.
- Developing, growing and managing the product backlogs of each of the pod’s clients.
- Writing detailed briefs/stories for product features so they are clearly understood by the Designers and Developers within the pod.
- Contributing to the planning, execution and review of each development/design sprint.
- Working with the pod to continually refine and improve the development process.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of e-commerce and the market in which each client operates.
- Acting as the primary client liaison for delivery of projects and ongoing website development.
- Taking accountability and being ultimately responsible for the delivery of client projects/products.
- You’ll have a Product Owner or Technical Project Management background with at least 5 years experience, having delivered large-scale e-commerce/website projects with complex technical challenges.
- You’ll have an understanding of what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct-to-consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You’ll have a passion for the e-commerce space and the types of clients we work with: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll have a strong and solid understanding of e-commerce best practices.
- You’ll have strong leadership and communication skills, and be comfortable presenting to C-level stakeholders.
- You’ll be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem-solver.
- You’ll have unparalleled levels of attention-to-detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You’ll thrive off change and fast-paced environments.
- You’ll have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- You’ll have an in-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with the Shopify platform.
- Experience working with other e-commerce platforms, such as Magento, Hybris, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Development or UX design experience.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer benefits that will push your career forward and improve your wellbeing. We're flexible and digital-first, which means better benefits and higher performance. You decide if you prefer to work from your home or the office.
Perform at your best
- Unlimited home-office spend
- Unlimited training budget
- New MacBook Pro
- Access to a local office or co-working space
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid
- Regular socials: it's not all work, we make time to play
- Clear promotion paths for managers and individual contributors that excel
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews
- Monthly MVP prizes
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday off + 8 public holidays + 1.5 extra days per year
- We'll contribute to your pension
- Discounts on travel, dining, gym membership, counselling, dental and healthcare
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
We are a digital-first company. We’ll reopen office space when we feel it is safe to do so, so you’ll have the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.
Years of experience