Senior Product Operations Manager – Financial Services (f/m/d)
As a Senior Operations manager, you will report to the VP Financial Services and have the seniority to build a team and function underneath you. You’ll work alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with data analysts, Member Support, developers and external parties to drive operational excellence and build strong operational practices within the team.
You’ll be a seasoned operator, with experience articulating and driving operational excellence for consumer products. You’ll be a highly capable analyst and problem solver, able to find solutions and define problems from raw data. You’ll be a self-starter, able to deal with ambiguity and take responsibility for a significant area of the business with little supervision. You’ll be an effective communicator, capable of managing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building and optimising scalable processes, that are clearly defined and documented
- Analysing operational performance, defining appropriate monitoring metrics and understanding the root cause of sub-optimal processes
- Management vendors: both monitoring non-financial performance and metrics, and escalation of issues
- Owning and delivering non-technical projects, and supporting Product Owners and VPs to manage cross-functional technical projects
- Working with the VP Business Services on functional strategy and planning
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- Special Dental Allowance
- Learning & Development Budget
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 7+ years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, with at least 2 years in leading operational excellence for consumer products, as a Senior Operations Manager, Head of Operations or similar.
- You have worked in the Financial Services sector with exposure to various dimensions of regulatory compliance and risk management including Anti-Money Laundering Laws, Know-your-customer and credit risk. Candidates with Merchant acquiring experience is a plus.
- You are organised, systematic and able to manage team members whilst delivering on multiple pieces of work at the same time.
- You enjoy working with data and are fluent in business analytical tools: Excel, SQL and Looker; and have a good understanding of RESTful APIs and web services.
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting.
- You are resilient, willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it's solved.
- You are okay with ambiguity, and enjoy working in a complex, technical industry.
- You’re a capable communicator: able to get into the details troubleshooting an issue with a technical team one moment, and communicating your work to senior audiences in another.
- You have graduated with a STEM/Economics/Finance degree; previous experience in an analytical role (Consulting, Banking) is advantageous.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
Note: Your internal job title will be Senior Operations Manager
Years of experience