Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team - remote or in Berlin, Germany. You will become a member of our executive leadership team and work closely with our maritime clients to understand how our software can help them meet their goals and establish our product strategy.
Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. We are funded by FJ Labs, a venture capital firm that has invested in some of the best marketplace startups in the world, like Airbnb, Uber, Flexport and Rigup.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a versed product manager that understands client needs, business goals and technology. You master customer discovery and are obsessed with building innovative products that clients love. You are willing to push your boundaries to build the best digital product in the history of the maritime industry.
- Lead our customer discovery efforts; understand how our software can help clients meet their goals
- Translate client needs into features and product stories for the tech team to build
- E2E ownership of our SaaS business product strategy; understand which features we need to build, by when and come up with their go-to-market plans
- Work closely with our CTO and Head of Sales to prioritize feature development
- Understand our strategic priorities to balance development for internal and client-facing operations
- Stay up-to-date with emerging software in the industry and help Seafair define its unique value proposition
- Promote a data-driven approach to development and business, integrating meaningful metrics to measure feature success
- Extract, analyze and create reports on database data
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a fast-paced environment (eg venture-backed startup, consulting)
- At least 2 years of experience as a product owner or manager at a venture-backed startup
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple & actionable component parts
- Proven experience working with large data sets and making decisions with imperfect data
- Demonstrable experience working with agile/scrum principles
- Ability to learn fast & willingness to become a maritime expert
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- BSc/BA in STEm or a related discipline
- Basic understanding of the maritime industry
- Experience at a venture-backed SaaS startup
What we offer
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- Work for a startup that will disrupt the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors (more on this soon!)
- Be part of a very talented, hungry and expanding team with great growth opportunities
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally.
- Paid vacation days