Senior Platform Engineer (Remote) ) (f/m/d)
ev.energy is a technology company on a mission to decarbonize transportation. Recently named “World’s Best Energy Start-up,” we are a diverse and fully-remote team of 70 working on an industry-leading algorithm that obtains real-time data from utilities to charge electric vehicles with the cheapest, greenest energy available while supporting the long-term stability and resilience of the power grid. We are a Certified B Corp™ that operates a smart-charging algorithm that dynamically aligns EV charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
ev.energy is here to enable cheaper, greener, simpler electric vehicle charging, for everyone. To deliver that vision, we partner with auto manufacturers around the world to integrate their EVs into the ev.energy charging platform, to deliver a joint mission to decarbonize transportation. As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will focus on building and maintaining the electric vehicle APIs and partnerships that power our platform, working with exciting manufacturers such as Tesla, Rivian and Volkswagen.
The range of projects you will own include the scoping, build and testing of APIs that control charging on new kinds of EV manufacturer, such as Rivian; working with 3rd party providers such as SmartCar to access their vehicle APIs; and maintaining the overall integrity of our platform to reliably charge EVs with low-carbon energy every day. Our tech stack includes Django, PSQL, AWS, CloudFormation and Ansible. We focus on developing high quality code, following a common set of Engineering Principals, and believe strongly in being customer-focused in everything we do.
What are we looking for?
- Stewardship - You take ownership of problems and aim to make improvements for the long-term
- Communication - You will often be communicating with our client’s team, and it’s important that you can communicate clearly and effectively
- Analytical & Investigative - You are confident digging into the details of challenging problems
- Mission Driven - You believe in the ev.energy mission and are able to drive us towards it
- Python 3
- Relational Databases
- Understanding of APIs
- Understanding of oAuth and Identity Management
- (desirable) Django
- (desirable) Familiar with IoT hardware
For more details in what we expect from a Senior Software Engineer, take a look at our public progression framework.
How will we support you?
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook Pro and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Fully-loaded benefits including health, dental, vision, life and 401(k)
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity in the company, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are transparent about salaries internally - this role pays up to $191,187 per year, plus generous equity options and a $9,000/year EV allowance.
Years of experience