Senior Mobile Engineer (Flutter)
Lollipop is on a mission to take the pain out of grocery shopping by building an AI-led shopping assistant that one day will do it all for you. Our software will help countless families and others overwhelmed by the pressures of daily life whilst reducing the £10B of food thrown away each year.
Our founding team members have built businesses such as Monzo, Curve and Florence and our backers have scaled companies like Ocado, Innocent, Babylon and Deliveroo. We know what it takes to build products enjoyed by millions of people across the world.
We're looking for a fast-moving Senior Mobile Engineer who can work hands-on, ship high-quality high-impact features quickly, and who can take our existing Flutter mobile application to the next level.
Full time | London (hybrid remote/office)
📱 As a Mobile Engineer...
As a Senior Mobile Engineer at Lollipop, your goal is to bring our web shopping experience that our users can’t live without to the mobile platform. You’ll work cross-functionally in small teams to iterate quickly with highly capable designers and other developers, building useful, usable, and delightful mobile experiences. Alongside other developers you'll take responsibility for significant chunks of our mobile codebase, and be directly responsible for shipping the Big Shop in Little Time to customers.
You’re someone who makes things happen, takes a lead and encourages others, despite ambiguity and changing requirements. You can calmly handle periods of breakneck scaling and moments of chaos. You have a passion for design, product, innovation and solving real customer problems.
🎉 We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Substantial experience building mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Experience with or strong desire to learn Flutter
- Working rapidly with small teams to build prototypes/MVPs in hours or days, not weeks
🙌 Bonus points if you have...
- Experience shipping a Flutter application on iOS and Android stores
- Continuous integration experience for mobile
- Impactful experience shipping mobile apps in a scaling B2C startup environment and/or at a major tech brand
- A cute dog that you’re willing to bring to the office to meet the team
🖖 How you operate
- Think big - you're inspired by frighteningly ambitious solutions to big customer problems, you approach them from first principles and you have the determination to clear hurdles to get there.
- Move fast - you are used to shipping fast and learn fast, you're not afraid to fail, you balance codebase quality with speed of delivery and you're a clear thinker and excellent communicator.
- Make it better - you think about the bigger picture, you have a growth mindset with yourself and others (including a healthy relationship with feedback), you're hard on problems but patient with people, and you seek out diversity in all its lovely forms.
🏅 Why you should join us
- An open and collaborative company looking to develop a world-class product team
- Minimal hierarchy - you’ll work closely with the founding team from the start
- Opportunity to join user research and see how customers interact with the product directly
- Modern architecture and tooling - you can use the right tool for the job
- “Just enough process” - no more, no less
🤝 How we’ll get to know each other
If you’d like to gobble up the challenge of reinventing food shopping and you want to make your mark, get in touch by clicking the Apply button below and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours if your application is successful. We’re mindful and respectful of your time, so our process shouldn’t take more than about 4 hours in total and will typically consist of:
- an introductory conversation
- a technical deep-dive
- a team fit discussion
- a culture interview
🙌 We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: we're unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly, so you'll need to have authorisation to work in the UK.
(*NB We’ll only work with recruiters who come via a warm recommendation or we have a relationship with. No direct approaches!)