Senior Java Software Developer- Platform (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As a Backend Developer working on our Broker platform, you will mainly develop features and contribute to the backend of Bitpanda. You will, with a strong sense of ownership, ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhancing performance and designing and developing creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our operations.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Guide and mentor other team members
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka)
- Know-how in using CI/CD
- Familiarity with AWS will be advantageous
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.