Senior Java Engineer
Who are we? 🚀
Admix is the leader and innovator when it comes to brand placements in the gaming industry. We connect some of the worlds’ leading game developers and premium advertising platforms, enabling game developers to monetize their content with interactive, programmatic brand placements. With the aim to be non-intrusive, tailored and auctioned in real-time, Admix has kickstarted the next revolution in advertising.
Founded in 2017, we’ve experienced exciting growth and our headcount currently sits at around 40 people. We’re looking for talented people to join our team who can provide value and help Admix enter into its next stages of success.
What will you be managing in this role 👩💻
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Java Engineer who can lead the development process of highly-scalable high-performance server-side Java applications. The candidate should be able to refactor (or rebuild some components from scratch) our Java applications and improve it in an engineering way to be highly designed and documented.
We are building applications in compliance with OpenRTB that handle more than (100K QPS), and should respond with less than (10ms), so the applications should use the hardware resources in a very efficient way.
The applications should be supported by loads of tests that cover almost all the exceptional and complex scenarios. Also, the candidate should keep his/her knowledge about AdTech up-to-date and working always on improving our applications.
- Develop, and maintain high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
- Help the team choose the best solutions and technologies for the task in hand.
- Be participating in the full software life-cycle, including support and continuous integration.
- Assist analysts and other tech teams in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements related to your projects.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve code defects.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team
- A degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent by experience
- 3+ years of IT experience as a Senior Java Engineer.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts.
- Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and integration perspective.
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team.
- Good understanding of data structures.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with version control (Git).
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Nice to haves ✔️
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Logstash, ELK, Grafana.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in the AdTech field.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with maintaining, or contributing to, open-source projects.
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, etc.
- Knowledge of service oriented and microservices architectures
- A test-driven approach to development.
Compensation & Benefits 💸
- Very Competitive Salary
- Exciting Career Growth in the Gaming and AdTech Industry
- Startup Office in Farringdon
- Pension Plan
- Remote Working