Senior Java Developer- Bitpanda Pro (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As a Java developer at Bitpanda, you will develop features and contribute to the backend of Bitpanda Pro. This is our exchange product. You will ensure timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhancing its performance and design, and develop creative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our operations, acting with strong product affiliation and a strong sense of ownership.
About the team:
Bitpanda Pro is our advanced trading platform for experienced traders and additionally allows programmatic access to a digital cryptocurrency exchange via API. The teams take care of providing the best exchange trading experience to our customers and delivering new innovative features while also making sure to adhere to our quality standards.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java
- Break down User Stories and tasks into digestible, technical work packages for different services
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive end-to-end testing
- Keep debug-outputs tidy, write comments during development and ensure technical documentation
- Troubleshoot to promptly eliminate bugs and issues to ensure zero downtime and negative business impact
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge and experience of software development, test-driven and solution-oriented methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Strong knowledge of message-oriented middleware and reactive programming
- Familiarity with Kafka, AWS: RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, and EC2
- Any knowledge of Vert.x framework
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.