Senior Global Events Manager (f/m/d)
Bitmovin a company pioneering online video innovations, is hiring! Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and inspired individual to join our Marketing team. At Bitmovin, we believe in the possibilities of video to tell compelling stories and want to enable video creation as well as consumption. Join us to innovate and lead the market for video encoding, playback on mobile and other devices, and analytics around user experiences.
This is a brand new role, looking for a Senior Global Events Manager to join our growing Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Demand Generation. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives in a global environment with an innovative, customer-focused approach; someone empassioned to setting up the most exciting events in our industry and leveraging these to expand our market presence and impact the bottom line.
Bitmovin is a 180 people strong Series C SaaS scale-up that provides API-based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts. Our customers include Disney+, discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many more household Media & Entertainment brands you probably view at home; we're offering you the opportunity to come work with these fantastic clients in the Video Streaming sector, one of the fastest growing tech niches in the world.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Do you thrive when given full autonomy to stratagise and lead events across the globe?
In this position, you will be raising the bar of our global events, being totally empowered to take full ownership in planning and managing a wide variety of events, from trade shows and sponsored conferences, to seminars, workshops, CABs, with a mixture of delivering on-site and remotely across EMEA, AMER & APAC regions.
As our Senior Global Events Manager, you have the opportunity to:
- Strategize with the Head of Demand Generation to develop and deliver on a global event plan that will support lead generation and brand engagement across EMEA, AMER & APAC regions.
- Plan and operationally lead on all sponsored and hosted events (virtual and in-person), including but not limited to sponsored trade shows, sponsored exhibitions, sponsored and hosted conferences, roundtables, breakfast briefings, workshops, CABs, networking events and client entertainment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business (eg product marketing, sales, solutions and product teams) to generate relevant input into event planning, messaging, KPIs, attendees and speakers.
- Manage the events budget, ensuring accurate and clear budget forecasting, delivering each event within budget.
- Manage and liaise with external stakeholders such as event organisers, suppliers and agencies, ensuring objectives are clearly articulated, encouraging creativity to maximise event results.
- Negotiate supplier and agency contracts to help ensure the best ROI on events is achieved.
- Create event briefs and project management docs, rehearsal schedules and timetables, coordinating and leading event working groups and status update calls.
- Ensure all events meet brand guidelines and the event delivery and experience exceeds quality expectations. Where this isn’t the case, communicate with relevant stakeholders to create a plan to mitigate.
- Work with the agencies and stand builders to ensure objectives are clearly articulated and encourage creativity and expand ideas to help maximise results.
- Depend on the event type and location, either on-site event management or remote coordination with local team attending.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations in post-analysis and reporting back to internal key stakeholders on event performance and ROI, with recommendations for enhancements.
- Create show documents, including event briefings, project management docs, rehearsal schedules, timetables and more.
It would be great if you have:
- Events and/or marketing qualification
- Extensive experience of end-to-end event management
- Experience working for a B2B organisation, to drive brand engagement, leads and revenue through events
- Budget management
- Excellent project management
- Strong leadership skills, particularly for on-site event coordination
It would be amazing if you have:
- The ability to work on your own initiative, and are self-motivated
- Technically savvy persona – can leverage tech to enhance event operations and event experience
- Experience of event management tools to support event registrations, pre-booked meetings at exhibitions
- An aptitude for efficiency, can work on multiple events and multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- A natural problem solver mentality
Why You Should Join Bitmovin
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Extra time-off at Christmas: Dec 24th & 31st
- Private healthcare by AXA for you and dependent(s)
- Includes 40% discount on Nuffield Health and PureGym memberships
- NEST pension scheme: Bitmovin matches 5% of your eligible income
- Competitive salary
- Home Office Bonus
- Investment in growth and education including an Education Bonus
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
- Truly flexible work:life blend approach with flexible working hours
- Volunteering Days (5)
- Enjoy a Customer Subscription (free access to a select streaming service)
- Events & Conferences
- Free choice of Hardware
- Swag (seasonal gift packages from us)
- Continual training, personal development, and language courses available
- We invest in your mental and physical wellbeing
- Compensation review cycle / performance bonus
- Medical Care Coverage
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin's customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture. Bitmovin will happily consider qualified candidates returning to the workforce after a period of family care, home work, or other interesting adventures or detours.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
So click on Apply, view our website, and send us your CV!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.
Years of experience