Senior Full Stack Engineer - Analytics
Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
In this position, you will be working on the growing analytics team to help deliver new features across all verticals of the analytics product, with a diverse mix of technologies, people, and requirements.
Bitmovin Analytics collects metrics from a range of different web video players as well as Android and iOS Native SDKs. The collected data is then processed and stored in a high performance distributed storage engine for instant querying either via the API or our pre-built dashboards and data visualization tools. This data is then used to provide insights into to our customers about the health of their video delivery pipeline, their users as well as general trends around their video products.
The successful candidate is a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty in building new web experiences for developers as well as operators managing integrations with Bitmovin. We expect you to take ownership and are looking for candidates that level up our team.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer Analytics you will
- Develop high-quality, fast, and reusable code that runs our customer facing applications and backend microservices
- Work with us on the design and implementation of new features of the analytics product
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Take ownership of features from design to implementation and testing to deployment
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead of the curve
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvements
It would be great if you have
- Willingness to learning something new all the time
- Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Knowledge around HTML5/CSS3 and relevant frameworks
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.