This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
In this position, you will be working in the growing team using the latest frameworks and libraries to build high fidelity web applications used by developers and operators alike.
As Senior Full Stack Engineer, with a focus on frontend, you will be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates Bitmovin's frontend applications like our dashboard and the backend that powers them. The successful candidate is a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty in building new web experiences for developers as well as operators managing integrations with Bitmovin. We expect you to take ownership and are looking for candidates that level up our team.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will
- Develop high-quality, fast, and reusable code that runs our customer facing applications and backend microservices
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Help our users to make the most out of the Bitmovin API
- Drive quality and UX by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Take ownership of features from design to implementation and testing to deployment
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Seek new methods and tools to make websites faster and better, both frontend and backend
It would be great if you have
- Experience working with libraries/tools like React, Redux, Styled Components and webpack on the frontend and Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot on the backend
- A passion for mentoring other engineers in your team
- Experience building SaaS frontend applications like our dashboard
- A passion for shipping incredible UI/UX without compromising on quality code
- Demand to design tested, high quality code
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.
Apply for this role
Vienna; Klagenfurt; remote - Europe
We are always looking for talented people to join the team, so just send us your resume
Years of experience