Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/x)
At hi.health we are creating smooth ways to access healthcare, by layering fintech solutions on top of insurance integrations.
We are currently a small team, headquartered in Vienna (AT) but with colleagues spread across Europe. We announced one of Austria's biggest Seed-Rounds and are now backed by an international team of venture capital firms and angels focused on fintech, insurance, and healthcare. With almost 50,000 new users within a couple of months, we are experiencing solid growth and have become a leading independent provider in our space.
We offer a dynamic and flexible startup environment where people can prosper professionally and personally. We provide the option to “work from anywhere”, work on the principle of self-organizing cross-functional teams, and strive to empower employees to work autonomously.
We are now looking for an experienced senior frontend engineer to join our growing team and play a pivotal role in the hi.health’s success.
We expect you to:
- Develop new products and features from scratch
- Maintain existing features and bring about improvements to product and engineering practices alike
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and designers to craft a secure and scalable platform
- Ensure high quality code also by reviewing other team members’ code, pair programming and mentoring junior team mates
- Contribute directly to the architectural planning of our web applications
- Be a role model for engineering excellence, task ownership, accountability and high-quality craftsmanship
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are positive and resilient, can work autonomously, and are comfortable driving and taking decisions
- Have at least a basic understanding of Cloud, ideally AWS and K8s
- Are a curious and analytical team player
- Are comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Have excellent communication skills, and are passionate about your craft
- Would describe yourself as solutions-oriented and comfortable challenging the status quo to improve ways of working
- Are well-organized with a high level of attention to detail and quality, always aiming for efficient execution of tasks
- Might also have some experience with Node.js, Flutter, iOS, or Android development
- Might also have experience from Fintech, Payments or Insurtech.
What you can expect:
- Lots of autonomy and ability to shape our product
- Flexible working hours and a Work from Anywhere policy.
- Family-friendly working culture and healthy work-life balance
- Investment in your further education and learning with a professional development budget
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on healthcare
- A highly professional, and international, and inclusive work environment with English as the working language
- An open communication style and feedback
- A range of employee benefits including sports clubs, and subsidized lunch, and educational offerings
Some benefits may vary by country. We will provide a comprehensive, transparent and territory-specific list of benefits to candidates applying for open roles.
The benefits above are listed for Austria-based employees but serve as a baseline for what we want to offer no matter your location.
Stay flexible and work from anywhere:
We hire in the EU, within ±2 hrs of Vienna, but you’ll have to arrange your day according to Vienna times and be present in our offices from time to time, depending on your role. While working at hi, we are totally fine with you working from anywhere within ±2 hours, but, you’ll have to arrange your schedule. Our team has already worked in a variety of nice places like Paris, Tuscany, Valencia, and many more.
Feel free to check out our “benefits of working at hi”-section.
Diversity at hi.health:
We are also committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
We are open to applicants who want to be considered for a part-time role for this position.
For legal matters, we state that the minimum wage for this full-time (38,5 hrs) position is 52.220 € gross per year according to the collective agreement (IT Kollektivvertrag 2022, ST1 Erfahrungsstufe). Your actual offer depends on your skill set and experience and is likely to be above the salary mentioned above.
Not sure if it’s the right fit? Stay connected!
You don’t think you match the requirements above, but you would still like to get to know us? We believe in lifelong learning so apply anyway, and we can stay in touch about opportunities!
Fields of study
- Computer science / IT
Required degree level
Years of experience