Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Europe
In short: Full-time position in Berlin or remote in Europe. Please only apply if currently residing in Europe. Competitive salary range €65 - 85k with generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify & Plaid. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We completed Y Combinator and have further raised our Seed and Series A.
- You will build our SaaS Dashboard and consumer-facing web apps.
- You will work with a modern tech stack using Next.js, React, Typescript, Tailwind CSS, react-query, Jest, and React Testing Library.
- Your work does not only touch frontend code but also server-side code with Node.js and Next.js for our Backend-for-Frontend.
- We encourage everyone at any level to take ownership of features, from planning features and implementing them, to shipping them to our customers.
- You will receive mentorship and advice from your team colleagues.
- You will give feedback, ideas, and code reviews to your fellow app engineers.
- You will work closely with our UI/UX team to develop the best possible experiences for our users.
- Over the next years, we'll build up a core app team with you.
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. ????
- You have experience building web apps using React. Creating Components and custom Hooks is natural for you, and you understand and can work on code with common React patterns. You know how to use TypeScript for Component Props.
- You already worked on products with consumer or SaaS audiences. You know what’s important to different target audiences.
- You enjoy building best-in-class experiences. You care about details and refine things based on feedback from colleagues and customers.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the design process and understanding customer wants.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You are eager to learn and try to find the right tool for the job.
- Bonus: You worked with RESTful APIs, Jest, Tailwind CSS, CI/CD, Next.js, have a good understanding of Testing, know your way around git and the GitHub ecosystem, and have already worked on larger apps.
- Competitive salary range of €70k - €110k, matching your experience and market value.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work:We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together ****for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And we'll do everything to accommodate your needs.
You'll walk through four stages:
- Get to know each other: You’ll speak with Hermann, CEO & Co-Founder first. We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
- Meet the team: You'll get to meet our team members. We value team fit over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
- Technical assessment: You will send us a piece of code you've written before (can be a pet project or a code challenge). We'll use that to have a conversation about which decisions you've taken and why.
- Final conversation: The team and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
Thank you for your interest in Gigs. Please fill out the form to submit your application. If you have any problems, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Years of experience