Senior Frontend Engineer
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Want to join?
Wayflyer is revolutionising the eCommerce space by leveling the playing field for eCommerce founders across the world. Unlocking and fueling their growth through solving their two biggest pain-points: funding and insights.
We use data to solve both of these challenges, empowering store owners with insights on how best to acquire customers online and providing them with short-term financing to scale and unlock their store's full potential.
Wayflyer is a venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious and collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We have countless opportunities as we launch new markets and game-changing products and need teammates that love having high impact in a fast-moving and ambitious company.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $550m in funding across 8 countries to 1000+ eCommerce founders. In 2021 alone, the amount of funding we deployed to customers grew by 900%. We recently announced our Series B, raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including Left Lane Capital and DST Global. There are 400+ of us globally, split between our offices in Atlanta, Dublin, London and Sydney.
Join the Platform Team playing a lead role in designing our strategy and delivering a suite of core services to support our product Pods in delivering a first class Customer Experience and enable excellent frontend development practice. The initial focus will be on building out the Wayflyer design system, useful UI abstractions, build and developer tooling, support and training collateral. Our objective is to allow our Pods to develop at pace without sacrificing product quality or the developer experience.
What you will do?
- Work within our current technical stack (Python Django & AWS).
- Enhance our practice in continuous integration, test automation and continuous deployment.
- Mentor other members of the team to grow our skill base.
- Take an active role in product development and push new product directions.
What skills do you need?
- Experience with some or all of Typescript, Context-API, Hooks, Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, Styled Components, design systems, Storybook, React Query
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX, Websockets and JSON
- Experience building and maintaining cross-platform / responsive web-application UI
- Experience working with backend developers to design and consume web APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, Cypress or similar
- Experience delivering software in a CI/CD environment with robust automated testing
- Experience with Python/Django and be the ability to work server-side would make you stand out
- You have the capacity to work autonomously in a rapidly changing environment
- You are a clear and concise communicator, who is able to communicate across the company to identify business needs and execute on them
- 2022 is set to be our most ambitious year: entering multiple geographies and launching new game-changing products to further revolutionise eCommerce.
- You'll be contributing hugely to the company's ultimate growth and success.
- You'll be working with different disciplines and on a multitude of projects to bring your ideas through to fruition.
- You'll be defining the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll leave a lasting impact.
Engineering at Wayflyer is remote-first. The heart of Wayflyer is in Dublin, but our team is based all over Europe. We have offices in Dublin and London should you wish to work there, some or all of the time. As you are in a highly collaborative role, you will need to be able to work in an EU timezone.
Years of experience