Senior English Content Writer (f/m/d)
Are you an experienced, confident writer able to hook in your audience and keep them engaged? Can you write content that is not only technically correct, but also clear and simple to understand? If your ears blow steam at the sight of poor punctuation, bad grammar and errant apostrophe’s [sic], look no further. We’re currently searching for an exceptional writer to join our Content Marketing Team in Vienna. You’ll be creating outstanding, customer-facing content for our products, website and blog, writing in English for international audiences. You’ll be putting Meister’s vision and strategy into your own well-chosen words while balancing stakeholder requirements against working independently. If the prospect of making your mark on a vibrant, dynamic environment lights your fire, we’d love to hear from you!
What Makes You Special
- 5 years’ experience. You have a proven track record as a content writer or in a similar role (content marketing, journalism, copywriting, editing), with a portfolio of published work.
- Language skills. You are a native or native-equivalent English speaker, German skills are a plus.
- Natural creativity. You have a flair for the written word and an ability to create informative and inspiring content.
- Effective communicator. You can communicate complex information clearly and simply and have an ability to write in a consistent style independently and without (excessive) correction.
- Outstanding editorial skills. You have the ability to convert briefs into engaging content for landing pages, newsletters, in-depth articles, technical support articles, video scripts and more.
- Soft skills. You have a natural ability to communicate assertively while remaining calm and respectful, and know how to manage and prioritize internal stakeholder requirements.
- Software skills. You are familiar with Google Workspace and WordPress (other software beneficial).
- Drive to learn. You see self-improvement, learning and development as steps on the journey to making Meister better for everyone. You can digest and adapt to constructive feedback, using the input of others for the greater good.
- Proactive mindset. Your curiosity, resourcefulness, great organizational and analytical skills and your ability to work independently help drive us on.
- Team spirit. Your outstanding skills in organization and communication don’t just fit Meister: they make us better.
Meister and You
- Find your place. We’re ambitious and well-funded: driving innovation and bringing value to users.
- Feel valued. Salaries at Meister fit your skills and experience. You’ll share in our success with an employee stock ownership option additional to your pay.
- Define your future. 10% time for personal development and a customizable training plan.
- Choose where. Work with us in Vienna and/or remotely in Austria or Germany. Full-remote possibilities for international team members.
- Choose when. Organize your work week as you like with our flexitime agreement.
- Choose how. Select your own hardware and join an agile environment that promotes autonomy.
- Get there. Public transport card or other commuter benefits.
- Stay healthy. Subsidized indoor, outdoor and wellness activities in Austria, Germany or the US.
- Relax. Extra vacation day on your birthday, plus December 24 and 31. Entitlement increases the longer you’re at Meister.
- Celebrate. Regular events, including an annual company retreat and frequent team activities.
Years of experience